Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*EDIT* I will be posting new times in this thread, instead of making a thread every time. Check back once in a while.

This was my 1st time ever at the track and obviosly 1st time on this car. I ran on 93 pump and on 275 street tires on MKIV rims.

First time I ran against a dragster and couldnt hear my car rev, so the 60 ft was pretty bad. The car was also heak soaked from me trying to tune it on the way to the track:

60 foot: 2.496
1/4 MPH: 111.19
1/4 Mile: 13.601

Second run, was figuring out my launch RPM.

60 foot: 2.431
1/4 MPH: 113.50
1/4 Mile: 13.173

Third run. My best run of the day:

60 foot: 2.306
1/4 MPH: 113.30
1/4 Mile: 12.960

Fourth and my last run, against a dragster again. Launch was horrible, I got bad wheel hop and actually hit the limiter in 1st.

60 foot: 2.470
1/4 MPH: 115.54
1/4 Mile: 13.534

Somehow I got away with running 4 times without a helmet, but after the 4th run they basically kicked me out. This was more of a practice, just wanted to familirize myself with the track and everything. Next time I'm coming back with a helmet, drag radials, battery in the trunk and maybe Ill get some race gas. Feel free to comment on my times as well as give me advice, this was my 1st time after all. I think I did good.

Here's a blurry pic of my best run, I ran against a newer camaro on drag radials.

·
Registered
100 Posts
congratulations on hitting 12's

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
good job for first time out.low 12's right around the corner.what was it just a test and tune day at NEDW

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a test and tune at LVD(Lebanon valley Dragway). Low 12s here I come lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got drag radials on rx-7 rims at home, just didnt want to bring them and make a fool outta myself. A little at a time.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Nice times.. What are your mods?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stock long block 1JZ, 61mm with supporting mods and E-manage.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
The traps are really nice. What boost were you running at to give me a referece of the power she was making?
With a little more practice low 12's on those tires alone will not be a problem. That car WILL go deep 11's. mark my words man.

Did you touch the suspension at all? I would run full soft on the rears
What kind of tire pressure and launch RPM and such were you running?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran 1.4 Bar, tuned it up to a nice 11.3 at WOT on the last run. Was running abit too lean or a bit too rich before.

I went full stiff up front and all the way loose in the rears, didnt feel a difference though. Seemed like the car wasn't squating. I ran 40 Psi up front and about 23 psi in the rears, I should have gone lower in the rears but I didnt grab the air pump with me. It was about an hour drive each way so i didnt wanna pop my tires or anything. I was launching at about 4k rpm and slipping the clutch. Those subframe bushings are amazing, I didnt get any wheel hop until the last run.

·
6,015 Posts
I think you were likely bogging out of the hole rather then spinning right?
1.4bar on the tune I gave was about 450whp or so.

I would try bringing up the launch RPM a bit and maybe feather it a little out of the hole. Those tires can take alot more then you would think. I was surprised with them.
The traps are around what I would have expected at that boost level. But the 60fts are killing you.
Practice man. It will come for sure. That will be a deep 11 car no problem at all. Just takes practice

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
good job. nice times for the 60'

running that low of tire pressure on street tires probably hurt more than help.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
if you have it at full stiff in front it's going to affect bound and rebound, meaning they won't want to droop as fast, making it harder to squat.

battery relocation isn't worth the hassles IMHO, you can do what you like, but having the kill switch and everything is a pain IMHO...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No bogging at all, spinning all the way through 1st. I actually tried launching at around 4.5k my first time out, but its way overkill. Tires just spin like crazy. My third and best run I was really focusing on the launch, I started gradually accelerating as I was slipping the clutch at 4k.

Pete do you have any dyno sheets for pump gas runs? Just wondering what the powerband was, because I had two options. Either staying in 3rd as I was trapping(I think it was about 6800 RPM) or shifting into 4th at like 6k.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you have it at full stiff in front it's going to affect bound and rebound, meaning they won't want to droop as fast, making it harder to squat.

battery relocation isn't worth the hassles IMHO, you can do what you like, but having the kill switch and everything is a pain IMHO...
It is kind of a hassle, but benefits are still there. Instead of mounting the huge disconnect switch in the rear of the car, I will be using a rod that will go through my taillight. So it will be shut off by pushing it in. I already dropped the tank and drilled the holes for the mounting brackets for the box as well as a hole for the vent tube. Now I have to wire everything up and I should be all set. Although I need to figure out how to rewire the fuel pump correctly.

·
6,015 Posts
If you search on here they are posted. I only have that one dyno sheet. It just had a little C16 in it, but you will get the idea of the curve.
Your better off trapping in 3rd as long as your not on the limiter. The extra shift will lost time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish I didnt get off the throttle early on the last run. I was pretty dissapointed in my launch and let off about a car or 2 lengths early only to find out that was my best trap speed run lol. I also just ordered a helmet and wanna hit the track some time soon again. I really need skinnies though, i dont wanna bring the drag radials without them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MT ET streets.. Reason why I need skinnies is because I dont wanna drive through the puddle with my front 245s and then get my rear tires wet after burnout. I know another option is to back into the water box, but I always fight the tranny to go into reverse. Dont wanna sit there trying to go into reverse when everybody is waiting for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts