Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yah they got rid of my position and made some cutbacks laying off a few others also so I need a job asap. I have been at Toyota for the past 1.5yrs working in service. I have customer service experience, service advisor experience and parts/bodyshop experience.

Not saying I'm looking to go back to a dealership but I will.

Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
x95SupraNAx said:
what part of texas are you in?
I'm in Houston but love Austin and would be willing to relocate for a decent job.

Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news I got a new job last night and start on Monday. A friend of mine owns his own A/C business and needs me to help him with it. He will be teaching me the A/C business from the ground up and his specialty/majority work is insurance related repairs and he cannot keep up with the demand! Overhead is virtually non-existant so its profit profit profit!!! :)

We have not discussed my pay scale but he assures me I will atleast double my weekly income from the dealership I was working at. Hell Texas is the most A/C needing state as far as I'm concerned and I see a great future ahead of me.

Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks and I also have just setup an interview with an insurance company to be an agent.
I'm keeping my options open at the moment, sometimes more than one door opens when one closes.

Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
donkeypunch said:
ASE Certified?
No I'm not a tech although I do have alot of tech experience from working on my own cars. Not related but I'm a cerified copier tech and cars are NO were near as technical as they are lol!
My main automotive experience really lies in parts, customer service and running the office. Basically I'm a jack of alot of trades and my TRUE goal is to work for a performance shop.

If you would like to know anymore please feel free to PM me and we could possibly setup a meeting.

Gregg Travis
cell# 281-796-3016

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
greg you gonna be doing commerical a/c or automotive? why did toyota let ya go?

<l><l>

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snake eyes said:
greg you gonna be doing commerical a/c or automotive? why did toyota let ya go?

<l><l>
Hey bud how are you? Yes it will be commercial/residential work.

1. There are alot of variables that had to do with me leaveing the main one being the customer retention program I was running for the srvc dept ended. Another one was I started out as a service advisor and was promised I would make $35k+ my first year. Then I recieve my 1st check making only $8hr and recieve NO commision check on the 10th so I ask about it.I was told I'm not a srvc advisor yet but would be in a couple of years!

The only reason I made it that long on a $250/week paycheck and having $400/month in car/ins payments is because I live at home helping my mom take care of my stepfather who is bedridden from a stroke and diabetes.

2. I did EVERYTHING I possibly could to do whatever it took to help the dealership flow as smoothly as possible. I drove the customer shuttle, I helped parts when they were short handed, I helped the bodyshop when they were short handed, I helped the customers on the srvc drive, on the phone by arranging their srvc appointments or ordering parts.
I also had volunteer'd for all of those duties. I had even volunteer'd to work the "express lube" on saturdays for free just so I could get a more hands on knowledge of the vehicles.

3. Dealerships DO NOT want to give raises within the srvc/parts departments. Every job I have ever had put you thru a 90 day probabtion period as this one did also. Although at those other jobs I ALWAYS got a raise from showing my commitment to my company.
I had to wait 1yr and 2 months before I got a $1 raise and that was only because my boss found out I was getting very frustrated from getting the run around, I had been asking for a review/raise for 6+ months, and I was contemplating leaving.

Hope that clears things up,
Gregg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts