Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

as you can see on the type s there is two vaccum ports the type r has a place for one but its just an open hole. do i have to block that off or run a vaccum line to it? i have a type s on my dsm and i dont have any vaccum line going to the bottom line and it works fine. thanks

·
11,221 Posts
I have an HKS racing bov which is similar to the Type S, and I recently got the GReddy Type RS which is similar to the type R; but that's kinda off topic.

On the GReddy Type R, you just need to run a vacuum to that one nipple. The flange for the R, S, RS are the same so it'll bolt right on.

BTW - damn that R is HUGE

===============

Would you mind measuring the diameter of the outlet of the Type R for me please?

·
can't spell shazam w/o it
315 Posts
The bottom line you are reffering to is just a vent for the movement of the "piston" inside the BOV.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yeah thats what i was wondering what the bottom line was for thanks and the opening is about 2 to 2 1/4 inches its BIG

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
thats gangsta

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Dude, your bov may be bigger than the type R, but it's also bigger than your freaking CT26. That looks retarded.

Anyway, back on topic, that Type R looks sick, let us know how it performs/sounds!

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Zach90Turbo said:
Dude, your bov may be bigger than the type R, but it's also bigger than your freaking CT26. That looks retarded.

Anyway, back on topic, that Type R looks sick, let us know how it performs/sounds!
Yeah no kidding. Why have something that big on a CT? Regardless of upgraded or stock, that's way too big.

What turbo you using for the Type R? I hope it's a good size. Good luck with the flutter.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Its called preparing for whats to come. I have already had a greddy type s and also an hks ssqv. I t does look funny right now but that is ok cause I dont drive around with my hood open anyway!

and just so you know the type R is just a tad bit smaller so I guess his is going to look retarded to huh?

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
hes using it with a 60-1

also what bov is that? all i know is the only bov thats bigger than the type R is the tial...i thought the godzilla one was bigger, but nope, its not :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
mine is the godzilla, that I got from jz killa's old setup when he parted out.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
That looks sick man. I don't know what possessed me to paint those blue when I had them.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
"1 1/2" diameter all stainless steel valve assembly" taken from turbonetics web site on the godzilla bov

·
Registered
68 Posts
Since there is conflicting info on the thread, you hook it up the same as the type-s.

My type-R had a second nipple threaded into that second hole though. Looks like yours is missing a piece. Did you get it new?

I believe that you can also run it push-pull, but IIRC Greddy instructions says to just use the one.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i installed it on my dsm just to see how it sounds i cant really describe its just like a loud rush of air lol it but it doesnt flutter at all in neutral my car only makes 5lbs and that was enough to open it so i dont see a problem with it not being able to open because its too big

1 - 20 of 20 Posts