Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my SBC-ID Boost controller installed, now I'm having check engine problems <

When it gets to about 15psi boost the check engine soon light and master warning light come on for about a sec, then go back out and it is running good again until it boosts back up. The guy I bought the car from told me he had a boost cut controller installed. Does this sound like the BCC is not adjusted right or maybe there is not one installed at all. I don't know for sure. What else could it be?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
first off what year car????

second to check if the car has bcc its very easy just liftthe carpet on the passenger floor (where there feet rest) there should be 4 or 2 bolts 10mm i belive take them off and when you do the computer is right there you should see a little black box withtrhe greddy or hks name on it !

also did you take apart the dash withe out disconecting the battery first????!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 93.5 supra tt. Yes I did disconnect the battery and I didn't really take the dash apart to do the install.
I just talked to Nero at www.titanmotorsports.com and he says it sounds like it doesn't have a BCC and the computer is cutting the fuel off. I am going to Orlando tomorrow to have them install one.

SwamiBob

·
10,459 Posts
again befor you go to orlando just check to see if you have one its easy and will take you about 5 min's mabe a wire came loose!

goto mkiv.com tech area they have a set by step how to do the install just follow it to see ifyou have one ! good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand everything on mkiv about the install except for the white wire. They say it goes to the tps away from the ecu. Does that mean I have to run a wire to the tps under the hood or is there a wire down there by the ecu, just not one of the wires that is actually in one of the plugs that plug into the ecu like the other 3 you splice in are?

Swamibob

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, I will go look now, it's just the mosquitos are so bad at night in Florida this year it sucks just going outside.

You are right, I should look before my 65 mile trek to O-town.

SwamiBob

·
10,459 Posts
when your installing the bcc the Black with two Yellow stripes This wire is cut in half
the green wire goes to the Black with two Yellow stripes wire that was cut closest to the ecu (box)

the white wire goes to the other end of the the Black with two Yellow stripes wire that was cut( thats why they say TPS connects away from the ecu)

understand!

swamibob said:
I understand everything on mkiv about the install except for the white wire. They say it goes to the tps away from the ecu. Does that mean I have to run a wire to the tps under the hood or is there a wire down there by the ecu, just not one of the wires that is actually in one of the plugs that plug into the ecu like the other 3 you splice in are?

Swamibob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts