Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hardtopper
251 Posts
are those fake painted TRD vents on the hood?

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
LISupra93 said:
are those fake painted TRD vents on the hood?
I didn't quite understand those either?

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Clean looking Supra! I dig the M-Sports, but watch out on the clearcoat the got on them. Once it goes its gonna look like shit. This is from prior experiance, when i got my supra it had them on and the clear was gone on 3 outta 4 wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
94TTBPU said:
IB OneLove(Wes)...he's not going to be happy about that copper car sitting next to yours :)
Anyone can make a half assed attempt at anything, I don't even need to see other pictures to see the quality differences (it's likely the 350z color anyway) :) I guess if your going to copy someone, you might as well try and improve upon what the started, because when you miss the mark it will be all the more obvious.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Very nice ride!!!!

Where did you purchased the do-luck front?
Is that original do-luck or not....the fitment looks very good.
Thank's!

·
It will never run...
584 Posts
onelove said:
Anyone can make a half assed attempt at anything, I don't even need to see other pictures to see the quality differences (it's likely the 350z color anyway) :) I guess if your going to copy someone, you might as well try and improve upon what the started, because when you miss the mark it will be all the more obvious.
Very well put Wes! It is a half ass attempt at best :) Yes, there are obvious quality differences.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
xbbsupra said:
Arent you selling this car now?
yes i'm selling it cuz my wife has a baby... sadly... but i'm not in a hurry.. i only sell it if the price is rite.. that's mean i will still have fun with it for awhile.

well about the du lock body kit, the fitment isnt quite fit when i get it. we did the modification to it. that kit should fit perfect with du lock wide fenders.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
This is not a bash, but I think the vents should be a bit closer to the front of the hood.
The idea though is interesting. I think if the vents were a bit lower it would look better. It almost looks as if the vents are in the middle of the hood.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JDM_trdsupra_tt said:
This is not a bash, but I think the vents should be a bit closer to the front of the hood.
The idea though is interesting. I think if the vents were a bit lower it would look better. It almost looks as if the vents are in the middle of the hood.
yea, I didnt have an actual TRD hood to compare. Just have to do an estimate by looking at the pictures online. hehe, but thanks for showing me though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
onelove said:

Who the fuck are you to tell him what color he can paint his car,What a prick

·
Registered
487 Posts
stillnota , I think what Wes was attempting to convey was that, simply, if you are going to take after a very famous paint job with intent then maybe a little effort should be extended. If that was the case I'm sure Wes is elated, as the Powerhouse Racing ad states, "Immitation is the most Sincere form of Flattery."

·
Banned
624 Posts
technically did u get the color from titans car?
I know a lot of work went into your car, but just saying.
To say someone elses supra is half assed is kinda being a jerk.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
supraswap said:
technically did u get the color from titans car?
I know a lot of work went into your car, but just saying.
To say someone elses supra is half assed is kinda being a jerk.
I was the marketing director for Titan from thier start until about 2 years ago and actually developed the color and scheme for the Supra and every other car, logo, t-shirt that they have put out. My car was built by Titan as a "Street Car Demo" as Nero is one of my best friends, so there's your technical answer. I spend quite a bit of time making things look original in my day job as a graphic design so I take quite a bit of offense to those who look to others for all inspiration, especially when the mark is missed. Now back on topic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts