Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my MKIV is in the body shop getting a color cahange and some other things done. I thought hey while it's there might as well have it lowered since I just got some new wheels and tires. Well they installed my Eibach's and KYB's but instead of lowering the car I now have a good 5.5 to 6 inch wheel gap in the rear, it looks ridiculous. I don't know what the front looks like yet since the wheels are off and the front end is in the air because they are painting my frame and firewall. I got my springs and shocks from one of the advertisers on the forum and I am positive I got the correct springs and shocks. I know it could not raise this much purely becaues of alignment. I called the shop where I bought my parts and they said that even if it were possible to install everything backwards there is no way the car could raise that much. So my question is what could they possibly have done wrong to make my car lift instead of lower. Please help me guys, it looks ridiculous.

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
Springs take some time to settle, I think mine went ~6 mos. before they settled to the advertised height. If you're now using a shorter sidewall (actual tire OD less than stock) this will also make the fender gap larger. 5-6 inches sounds like a 4x4 clearance, are you sure they didn't have the rear still in the air?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You need to lower the car completely before we can make any assumptions. depending on where the car is being lifted it might be taking more weight off the rear than you think.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm running a 315/35/17 in the rear on 17 x 10in. wheel. The car is being lifted sort of on the sides of the tranny and is missing a lot of parts on the front end right now. And the rear is on the ground.

·
Highway Demon
2,896 Posts
twinturbozs said:
You need to lower the car completely before we can make any assumptions. depending on where the car is being lifted it might be taking more weight off the rear than you think.
i agree with that.. wait untill the car is completely planted on the ground for atleast a month to make any final asumptions as to anything being wrong on the car..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks guys, I guess I'm just being paranoid. I'll just have to wait.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
you are running a 315 on a 10" wheel?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
turbomx5 said:
you are running a 315 on a 10" wheel?
Yes, and it looks and fits great.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i have no experience w/ KYBs but is it possible the shock body has a collar u need to remove? i know some oem shocks have a collar there to prevent bottoming out during transportation but it will make the car look raised until removed...

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
quick said:
Isn't that rim far too narrow based on the tire recommendations?
ed zacary.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mifesto said:
i have no experience w/ KYBs but is it possible the shock body has a collar u need to remove? i know some oem shocks have a collar there to prevent bottoming out during transportation but it will make the car look raised until removed...[/
I will have to check that next time I go later this week.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
PasadenaTurbo said:
The car is being lifted sort of on the sides of the tranny and is missing a lot of parts on the front end right now.

I think you just answered your question right here ^
That goes double if the car hasn't been rolled a least a couple of feet after installation.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blkturbo! said:
I think you just answered your question right here ^
That goes double if the car hasn't been rolled a least a couple of feet after installation.
I just went down there today and we leveled the car out. Turns out I'm just an idiot. It looks great on the new springs.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
haha, well hey no problem.....At least that's good news! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts