Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... Ok well, not to start a huge battle over the two motors. For those who arnt familliar with the LC2 its out of the 80's GNX.

I'm just getting fed up with local hardcore GM enthusasits telling me their GNX's are better cars than MKIV's, that the 2jz is far less superior than the LC2... and that also the GNX looks better than an MKIV......

I think they have been brainwashed at birth or something, don't get me wrong, GNX's are cool, can be built fast, and also sport a factory turbo which is nice. I don't feel you can even compare the two in an all around debate.

This is more like a rant than anything, I'm debating whether to continue aruging with this idiots as they say Supra's are only dyno queens and high monsters....

Any other views on the subject out there?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I wouldn't argue with him any further, it a pointless battle. I would just man up and let him think his GNX is superior and then wax his ass on any race he chooses and later remind him later that his GNX is still better :)

·
Supraless member
317 Posts
Take them to a nice mountain road, they'll get the point.
This is what a GNX in your rear view mirror will look like after a mile: .

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Problem is I don't own a MKIV, I own a built 240sx with an RB25, I love inline 6's, and Supra's, looking into buying one eventually, its just a reoccuring issue with them thinking if its GM its superior to all. Drives me insane.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Why don't you just stop associating with these people and mind your business then if it bothers you so much?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why don't you just stop associating with these people and mind your business then if it bothers you so much?
Local car scene people...... Also rivals, so disputes about these matters always come up.

Most likely a good idea though.

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
I know the type , lol same guy that told me a supra is a rice car with mid potential also told me we provide japan with technology.....LMFAO He later got quiet after I asked him where are all the American cars go for export. lol Fucken bud drinking closed minded ******** don't understand you are NOT a auto enthusiast if you only like one type or make

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Why dont you remind them that almost all kit car companies recommend either the 2jz or the ford 3.0 I6 in there cars. Even the Noble is recommended for an inline 6 turbo.

·
Super Moderator
10,379 Posts
You can't educate the morons of the world... trying to change the mind of a closed minded idiot is like spitting at the rain.
My solution was to just enjoy my cars and enjoy all the countless thousands of other well-modified and tasteful vehicles of any origin. I've found that tasteful cars tend to have tasteful owners.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Completely absurd. The only thing worth mentioning about the GNX is the engine. Without the engine it's a Regal. There's nothing ground breaking about the suspension, the the bodywork, the interior, or the build quality. Show me a GNX with 100,000+ on the clock that can you change the fluids, change the bushings, give it a detail and hit the road with a car that runs like a top!

That being said, it is one of very few bright spots from the 80's automotive scene. If I had a garage large enough for 12-15 cars, and the bankroll to stock it, I would probably have one. Of course, I would already have at least two Supras.

·
Very Senior Member
10,061 Posts
Yeah, Problem is I don't own a MKIV, I own a built 240sx with an RB25, I love inline 6's, and Supra's, looking into buying one eventually, its just a reoccuring issue with them thinking if its GM its superior to all. Drives me insane.
Those people outnumber smarter people everywhere.
Ask them to show some numbers to back up there contention. They can't.

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
... Ok well, not to start a huge battle over the two motors. For those who arnt familliar with the LC2 its out of the 80's GNX.

I'm just getting fed up with local hardcore GM enthusasits telling me their GNX's are better cars than MKIV's, that the 2jz is far less superior than the LC2... and that also the GNX looks better than an MKIV......

I think they have been brainwashed at birth or something, don't get me wrong, GNX's are cool, can be built fast, and also sport a factory turbo which is nice. I don't feel you can even compare the two in an all around debate.

This is more like a rant than anything, I'm debating whether to continue aruging with this idiots as they say Supra's are only dyno queens and high monsters....

Any other views on the subject out there?

I wouldn't even bother arguing with them either. Alot of people are set in their ways and no matter what you do, say, or prove to them, they will never change.

Also, the comment about the "dyno queens" as people so eliquently refer to Supras' is also the way my brother-in-law and his friends believe also. I try to find a specific reason why he doesn't like the Supras, and he told me because the Jaguar is a better car! WTF???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts