Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the motor take it? other mods are greddy front mount, turbo back exaust, apexi avcr, intake, clutch, flywheel and pp, stock turbo's and oh yeah its a 97 tt supra 6 speed. we test drove it the other night from a 45 punch in third and that bitch took off like the damn space shuttle, it was awesome but can it take it?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
A good enough backfire and you may tear up that FMIC. Just tune it in well and DO NOT expect your stock turbos to last! It won't break from sheep HP or anything at that level.

Adam

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
I had a 75 shot on my car.

God im miss that motor.
ummm.....i was debating on a 75shot, care to elaborate on how your motor went?

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Who's Supra did this go on? And how many miles are on it?

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
I had a 75 shot on my car.

God im miss that motor.
What exactly happened? what kit were you running? Dry or wet? That's odd your motor went with a baby shot like that.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'm running a 140 shot direct port with a single turbo. The engine is taking it just fine. I doubt your stock twins will last real long tho. Also, you don't really need to worry about a nitrous explosion with direct port, since you aren't filling up the intake manifold with fuel and nitrous (like a single fogger does).

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I remember a respectable mechanic telling me the highest safe shot of n2o to run is 120 on a Supra. Overboosting is a problem. Just make sure you don't punch it too long. An AEM EMS might be a good mod for you, you could program when you want the n2o to be delivered.

Joe

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
DaveH said:
I'm running a 140 shot direct port with a single turbo. The engine is taking it just fine. I doubt your stock twins will last real long tho. Also, you don't really need to worry about a nitrous explosion with direct port, since you aren't filling up the intake manifold with fuel and nitrous (like a single fogger does).
Dave,

Any idea what the smallest jets you can use (safely) with a direct port setup? I like the idea of getting rid of the possibility of puddling, but at the same time have no need for > 100 shot. Thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think a 75 shot is anything to worry about. Ask Justin N. from Protech. With the AEM it is much safer to run a dry kit. I ran a 75 shot wet kit for a while with no problems but I also always ran 104 octane. 120 shot should be fine on your motor just think there are people with singles putting down 700 + hp with turbos alone. The problem you would have could be overboosting on low octane. I am no expert but I wouldn't fire the juice under 3500 rpm at that jetting.

Just my .02

John

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just make sure you have lots of octane, as much as you can get. I wouldnt spray that shot in 1st, probly not even in 2nd. You do and you'll boil the tires and probly slap the rev limiter but w/o a window switch you'll still be spraying nitrous and fuel.......THAT will be bad.

Those of you who have popped a motor with a 75 shot did something wrong. Spray on pump gas? Spray below 3000rpm? Spray on long pulls on the interstate? A 75 shot set up the right way, and used wisely should in no way tear up a motor.....

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
No, my motor was fine with the 75 shot, but im sure it didnt help any with its destruction. I did some long highwqy pulls and the boost spiked to like 21psi on pump gas and it detonated and killed the motor. I wasnt even spraying the nitrous then.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Brad Mayo said:

Those of you who have popped a motor with a 75 shot did something wrong. Spray on pump gas? Spray below 3000rpm? Spray on long pulls on the interstate? A 75 shot set up the right way, and used wisely should in no way tear up a motor.....

Or your motor was already on it's way out.....

John

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well 150 shot was the smallest available pills that the new NX direct port came with. we are doing manegment next and he knows not to spray below 3 grand and not for long periods of time so the car should be ok, i will let u know if anything wierd happens.

·
OG
754 Posts
The NX jetting for a 150 shot will push the limits of your stock fuel system. So make sure to keep an eye on your fuel pressure.

I ran a 150 shot on the stock twins and had no problems other than a slight drop in fuel pressure. A bigger pump solved that problem for my until I completely upgraded the fuel system.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone tried the NOSzle kit or do they have one for Supras? It connects between the injectors and intake which atomizes the fuel with the NO2, that seems like it would help stave off the detonation devil. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
shane-0 said:
Has anyone tried the NOSzle kit or do they have one for Supras? It connects between the injectors and intake which atomizes the fuel with the NO2, that seems like it would help stave off the detonation devil. Just a thought.
Larry from SP tried it and AFAIK, stay with direct port.

Adam

BTW, dave, didn't read the direct port part. Agreed, no real backfire concern, just 150 hp of N20 in the intake mani could be nasty.

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
Brad Mayo said:
Just make sure you have lots of octane, as much as you can get. I wouldnt spray that shot in 1st, probly not even in 2nd. You do and you'll boil the tires and probly slap the rev limiter but w/o a window switch you'll still be spraying nitrous and fuel.......THAT will be bad.

75 shot?

lightweights. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts