Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a cheap MBC, I also installed a walbro 255 pump and new filter. The boost is turned up to about 12-13 psi and it surges back and forth when the engine is wide open. It also backfires alot louder when shifting(auto). That part seems fairly normal but the surging kinda makes me worried. Anyone have the same problem?

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
^^It did or are you asking if it will go away?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like it still does it, its hard to test it on the streets without getting arrested. I am running the stock downpipe and at about 12.5-13-.5 it just goes up and down up and down, you can hear the motor and turbos going up and down. It will never do it at partial throttle maximum boost. Really wierd, maybe the actuators are messed up?

·
single 1j
456 Posts
i have that same problem from time to time and im using a apex avc-r. i always thought that there was more to adjusting the damm thing but aparently not. i hope that there's a solution to this

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it could have something to do with running more boost on the stock downpipe but I can't see how that would affect anything but cause more heat and backpressure. So I am stumped as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts