Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off, my god, that clutch grabs quick! I know i have to go through the break in process and can expect the chatter. But when getting the car moving into first gear, I feel my car sometimes vibrate drastically when letting out the clutch and i feel the vibration coming from behind me. Is this normal and part of the break in process also? Thanks,
Zach

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Normal. It's not slipping, it's kinda grab, slip, grab, slip rapdily that makes the vibration. It will pass.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AnArKey said:
Normal. It's not slipping, it's kinda grab, slip, grab, slip rapdily that makes the vibration. It will pass.
Good i hope so, it hasn't shown any signs of fading away yet. I mean sometimes the vibration is so extreme to the point of making the entire car shake. Thanks for the info.
Zach

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Supra93TT said:

Good i hope so, it hasn't shown any signs of fading away yet. I mean sometimes the vibration is so extreme to the point of making the entire car shake. Thanks for the info.
Zach
It does that when you do not give the car enough gas. It would do this at all if enough gas is applied. It's really bad in reverse for me because I tend not to use the gas at all. Once I push down the accelerator it bit it was fine.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver Orchid SP60 said:

It does that when you do not give the car enough gas. It would do this at all if enough gas is applied. It's really bad in reverse for me because I tend not to use the gas at all. Once I push down the accelerator it bit it was fine.
Yep. :) i've noticed the best way to try to eliminate it is keeping the rpm's relatively high and depressing the throttle slowly even more when letting out the clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts