Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the turbo outlet is 2.25" - is the stock '88 intercooler inlet/outlet the same?

What size is the throttle body inlet?

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
The turbo outlet is 2", the TB inlet is 2.75"and the stock IC inlets are 2" also. I just built a set of hard pipes today, so its all fresh in my mind.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2"? What, does it stretch over it? I'm measuring just over 2 1/8" on the outlet... well, that will be a tight seal, if nothing else :)

Appreciate the info!

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Well there is a lip around the edge to keep the hose from comming oof under pressure. They are Metric sizes on the car but the silicon comes in standard inch sizes, so some of them are not quite perfect and have to be stretched over to fit. You cant use a size that is bigger and just clamp it down, it wont seal, its better to just lube it up and stretch it over.

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
make sure to use lots o' lube on the rubber...

STretching it over isn't that difficult, and it will be much better than trying to clamp down on an oversized hose. It may take a little bit of work and fenagling, but the standard sized Silicon couplers do fit. Just have a little bit of patience, it will pay off if you do.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, appreciate the info, guys!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
btw, looks like I'm going to replace all the stock piping with 2" mandrel pipes, as I can get 5 silicone couplers for $30 shipped :) Mandrel 2" pipes are $12/ea for me. (U-bends)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ALright, though, before I do this - is there really any reason to go with 2.5" hardpipes, when the stock turbo is a 2" outlet, IC is 2" in, and 2" out, and I even think the 3000 pipe is 2" in?

I'm thinking that instead of the 2" PVC route, since I can build it from aluminized 2" mandrel bent steel piping, that would work better.

I'll upgrade to 2.5" pipes, when I upgrade the turbo/intercooler, and ditch the 3000 pipe.. that's my thought.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
i said skrew it, i went 2.5 upgraded intercooler and removed the 3000 pipe,

the only reason i did it this way is cause i can get more effiency out of the ct26, and then i wont have to re-upgrade when i get a larger turbo..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts