Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or at least the end of week. i find out yesterday as i come home that people broke into my house. although nothing got taken, i had to stay home from work to watch the place while people come do repairs today.

then i get woken up rudely by doorbell. i thought it was my friend who is coming over for added security, but it turns out to be my neighbor...

images speak for themselves, as i'm pretty much feeling like i'm SOL for the next few days.

anyone have this happen to you and know how much this shit is gonna cost to repair?

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
what the hell happened? Man your luck has not been too good as of late. Maybe you could call your local dealer, or ask some of the guys on the forums that work with or at dealers.

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
HAVE FUN BUD! Its going to be pretty damn expensive if you want it fixed right! Why do i know??? My car was hit THREE times and each time the person who did ran!

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
her insurance is going to cover for it, so i'm not too worried about costs in general. it's just nice to get a ballpark figure so i can present it w/o seeming like i'm rigging this.

meh, i've been looking at slapping in my body kit parts anyhow...

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
yea if you have ANY plans on aftermarket body kits or wheels .. now would be the time to have them put on .. depending on you insurance .. you would have to only pay you deductable .. mine is 500 bucks .. but as a price .. id say if you took it to a body shop .. your looking at EASILY over $1000 mostly for labor costs .. if the paint is F'd that is .. have you tried using anything to see if the rubber will come off ..

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
if parents were able to whoop their kids when they were young none of this stuff would ever happen.....BUT NOOO thats mean WTF look at em now *shakes head at stupid politians* BTW glad to know your safe

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry to hear about your supra and home, I had a bad day myself + the freakin HOT California weather...Hope things work out for you..Best of luck

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
update - so, i got a quote, which came out to be 4.8K. gave the estimate to her and left for a meet. i get back home at night and my mom tells me she said it's too expensive and she only damaged my mirror, so she's getting her own person to assess the damage.

i'm still fairly confident that one way or another i'm gonna get my way about this, be it through her insurance or small claims. i have proof that even 9 hours ago my car was still pristine. dumb hag doesn't know a car guy when she sees one and thinks they don't know anything about taking care of their cars... geez

·
Banned
397 Posts
lol did she see the side of your car? Even if that will clean up a little, don't do it. She deserves to pay for new paint. And if they can't paint match with the rest of the car (silver is hard to match), you could need a new paint job, so just tell her it could be worse.

People think that you're trying to take them to the cleaners when stuff like this happens when really you just wish it never happened and it was one week ago. Something similar happened to me when a guy took my mirror off passing me on the right.

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
let her know that your car was perfect before she hit it, and you will accept nothing short of perfect when it's fixed - which is why it's going to cost her 4k+

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so here's another update. i had her take a look at it and she finally agrees that yeah it's a good deal of damage and pretty much conceded. the reason why she was trying to put up a small fight was mainly due to the fact that her own insurance did some stupid shit and so there was a gap in her insurance, which overlapped that one day's accident.

i had my own insurance adjuster take a look and my agent basically said, "pay the deductible right now, let us go after her for you, and when she or her insurance pays up we'll reimburse you"

i'll go that route and my girl's going to the shop friday or saturday most likely.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts