Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of JUN cam gears. I have a T-78 with stock fuel and put out about 470 rwhp and I'm curious what the gain to expect when they are set properly.

Eric

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
since when does 440 = 470 ?

I make 400 rwhp on stock turbo's and a little 75 shot and I have no prob. putting it on a single with stock fuel.

you can prob. get 10rwhp....but you might want to go thru that tired motor...slow ass pos you got....since your so worried about going so fast for the ladies...casa nova

Atleast my shit looks good and is fast too..

quit lying on the board you need a motor not cam gears..

have fun.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
443.3 on 38th dyno pull. Surely you would adimit that heat soak plays and issue in all this. I believe that with the cold air these days running over the intercooler at 80 mph, there is a fair chance of appraoaching if not reaching 470 rwhp. Who knows. Fast enough for me. For now.

The cam gears are for the future HKS cam gears to be installed, BTW, 272/272. Lot of flamin' going on, and it's cool.

Eric

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And as I remember, you weren't far behind me in the milage department. And maybe you should've fixed that smoke pouring from your tailpipe before running nitrous, but I smoke a little too, just not like a coal fire :). Seems to me, we've gone our separate ways, and that's understandable, but you can't ban me from this board.

Eric

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek: ...You have no idea what I have done to my car....I have new turbo's with only 3k miles on them and have put my $3K somewhere else than a single on a tired motor.

I don't need to put them on yet...but obviousley you did...My motor is in good shape...and since when is 50k miles less than yours anywhere close to your worn out one.

And as far as banning you banned yourself Mr. COCKY !!!

I can't ban anyone.

keep on trying...rico suave.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you are right about that, I really don't know what you have done to your car. About the single on a tired motor, the new coil packs are going in this week so I hope that all the fuel gets burned then. I think the existing packs are going bad because of the odd idle once in a while and the plugs are nearly new. That should at least smooth things out a little and the cam gears will bump hp up 10-17 according to MVP motorsports so it's all a step in the right direction. Any addition is a good addition.

As far as "keep on trying", .........huh......?????????

I didn't know I was trying for anything but whatever floats your boat, I guess. So why are you posting on my topic anyways? :)

Eric

PS Tell Dan and Brian hi for me. I saw them out at Southstreet Grille a month ago, but hadn't seen them since. I met Rene' a week later and wanted to introduce her to them. She likes the sound of the wastegate opening up when I floor it. I told a few people about her when I met her and have become very attatched to her since. Some people have her picture.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts