Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw some Tein coilovers and swaybars on my Mom's SC430. The factory suspension actually sucks and they redesigned it in '05.

I just picked up the car from my mechanic's and first impressions (with the CS's and Daizen/TME sways) are good. I left them as they were right out of the box 0.6" drop in the front and 1.2or3" int he rear. Looks good, but definitely needs some wider wheels in back even more now.

I drove straight back to my office (only 3-4 miles 1/2 freeway) but so far, I took the right turn off of the exit at speed and the car did great, very stable and very little body roll. I went over a couple of bumps and the ride seemed much improved. The front of the car took speedbumps much better, not more hitting the bumpstops. The back hopped a little, but I was going over them a little faster than I ever would've dared in the past.

The only thing left to do is eventually get rid of the runflats and of course to have Mom drive it and see if she can appreciate the improvements.

Update: I pushed the car pretty hard and it started to understeer in a large sweeping onramp. :( I took it down to Car Aid and we threw it up on the lift and changed the setting on the rear bar from the middle to the stiffest setting. We'll see how that helps. :)

Here are some pics:

Stock:

Before:

After:

Definitely needs more meat in the back.

More pics here.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
i bet the tightened sway bar will help, there are increasing returns as you adjust them, just like a spring. Looks good and fun mods for yo mama.

·
Registered
798 Posts
hope she likes...but in my experience they don't really care about feeling the road, its all about comfort and the "ride"... i doubt she will be taking any turns hard enough to break the back out, but then again i dunno ur mom, hope she likes it...

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SupraJZGTE said:
hope she likes...but in my experience they don't really care about feeling the road, its all about comfort and the "ride"... i doubt she will be taking any turns hard enough to break the back out, but then again i dunno ur mom, hope she likes it...
From reading other SC owner's experiences and talking to several people, the CS's (Comfort Sports) supposedly improves the ride quality significantly, so that's what I was going towards for her. But the sway bars were definitely something that I had to of course throw in. I'm hoping that not having the front struts hit the bumpstops on every little bump (as the stockers did) will be to her liking. :)

·
Champagne Papi
5,694 Posts
Hey Ryan.. I've been thinking about picking up these CS coilovers. They're pricy but they look/feel great from what I hear.

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
nice. I have Tein CS on my GS430 and it rides great. the CS take out the floaty feeling but still ride plush.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
looks better, now it just needs some big wheels to fill out those big fenders! Im glad someone has some experience with the cs's as ive been tryin to have my friend put them on her tl, but she thinks itll make the ride harsh. The car is about a 1/2 inch to high.

ive always thought of the SC as sexy, its just it needs some wheels that'll compliment the car. Stockers kinda muck things up.

Alex

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I found the next wheels.... Just have to wait for the tires to wear out and then convince myself to spend the $$. :ugh2:

I can probably run 19x9's and 10's, could go with 20's too, but probably better to leave a little more sidewall for Mom. :p

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
I need to get some suspension on my LS so I want to hear all feedback on the CS's.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts