Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra Mk3 7M-GE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything other than the normal stuff (oil filter, oil, etc.) that is worth changing before I try and start it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
After you change the oil, I would pull the ignition fuse and let it prime with oil for maybe 30 seconds or so. I would drain as much old fuel as possible, add a couple gallons of fresh gas, then disconnect the line to the fuel rail and let it pump out the old fuel into a bucket until it looks clear with the new. Lastly, replace that fuel filter. Otherwise, send it.

·
Just a guy who loves cars
94' Turbo, Targa, 6 spd, Ren Red.
473 Posts
Spark plugs, roll the engine by hand verify it is not seized. I would take a look in the cylinders and intake tract to ensure they are full of water since the car looks like it was submerged. Also, ensure there are no critters who have made their home over the years. Pull air filter as well.

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think "looks like it was submerged" is typical for a lot of older cars in the UK.

·
...pop the hood!
1,167 Posts
congrats...

and welcome to the money pit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think "looks like it was submerged" is typical for a lot of older cars in the UK.
I was gonna say, its dry mostly apart from the quick wash I gave it, just looks like this because of all the crappy stuff like the amount of salt on the roads here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spark plugs, roll the engine by hand verify it is not seized. I would take a look in the cylinders and intake tract to ensure they are full of water since the car looks like it was submerged. Also, ensure there are no critters who have made their home over the years. Pull air filter as well.
was going to replace the timing belt and pulley aswell, is it worth it?

·
473 Posts
To see if it will run, no I don't think so. If it does run then do it all. Oil and water pumps, belts, definitely tensioners.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To see if it will run, no I don't think so. If it does run then do it all. Oil and water pumps, belts, definitely tensioners.
ok thanks, will do. My main worry is the body of the car honestly, spoken to a few guys on fb they think it'll cost £5000 to get it sorted out.

·
473 Posts
Well, good luck. I hope you can get it all sorted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts