Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is wow for the top end rev range...it hauled ass to redline!
Now that I've ridden in one though...I can def. feel that lovely punch my 7M provides down low. And with a turbo upgrade, I think my 7m is capable...but anyway onto my question.
I run a Blitz nur spec w/ a BIC DDP, will that bolt straight to a 1jz? And how will that sound if anyone knows? ( I personally don't like the motorcycle sound of the 1jz compared to the 7m :stickpoke )
Anyone w/ this setup on a 1j-I'd love to hear your opinions. :bigthumb:
Thanks

-Steve

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Someone around PA has one? Man id love to ride in one before I spend the money on one.

I dont think the DDP will bolt up. But the exhaust is fine. Youll need to get a diff DP made and just make it to bolt up to the exhaust. Not too labor extensive.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was visiting relatives in TX...saw a Supra in a parking lot(I'm not in mine as usual when i see another dawg). I heard him reving it...sounded like a street bike, so i assumed it was 1jz, which I have never come across in my daily travels in PA. I started BSing w/ him and he said let's go for a spin...needless to say I was like :sadance: :lol: !

·
6,015 Posts
Nice.
So even though of the sound and quick punch from the TQ, you loved it?

There aint much cool in PA. lol. There are literally like no nice MK3's. Mine is one of one modded in my area. There are like 1-2 other clean ones that are stock but they dont know what they are really.
Gotta love it. lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
itr206 said:
Nice.
So even though of the sound and quick punch from the TQ, you loved it?

There aint much cool in PA. lol.
It's a hard trade...and honestly, I'll prob. stick to my guns and wait for a 2jz (well worth the wait IMHO) :) .
The 1jz seemed more like a track motor you have to open up, whereas the 7m kicks you in the balls at low rev w/ a little more brute force...The 1jz is pretty fast- both motors have their ups & downs. Personally, sound is a BIG downer for the 1jz, I just love the strong sound of my 7M...a lot of 1jz'ers say they miss the 7m's exhaust note.
Pick your poison!

BTW, where are you in PA...you ain't lyin' about the lack of cool. :bigthumb:

·
6,015 Posts
Im in Reading Area.
Like 30min from Allentown. 45min maybe from Philly?

I was thinking the 2JZ too, but is it really worth the hassle for the 2J and the extra money?
Thats where Im stuck.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
A few things to thing about with the 2JZ is wiring. Also, you'd have to source out a 1JZ bellhousing. Good luck to the guys that want a 2JZ powered MKIII. There's one around here in my area, that I've seen personally. supposedly there are 2 more running about.

-Joseph

·
6,015 Posts
1J seems much easier and cheaper. It has the potential I believe, but its not the coveted 2J.
IMO, i want to swap just becuase of the BS issues with the 7M. I rather not deal with it.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I have to say that I prefer the sound of the 1JZ over the 7M. It's more refined and unique. It absolutely wails at 8000.

P.S. If you really want to make things easy... Get the 1JZ swap and do it right. Down the road when you're ready, pick up a 2JZ shortblock from the SF or wherever and build it up right. Then swap in that shortblock and you'll have the best of both worlds.

- Hams

·
sexy jdm nurse included
269 Posts
yea i was about to say the1jz sounds better then the 7m i have a hks drager in my 7m now wonder what it would sound like with a 1jz under the hood

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
superturbo89 said:
yea i was about to say the1jz sounds better then the 7m i have a hks drager in my 7m now wonder what it would sound like with a 1jz under the hood

Wicked. Similar to a 1JZ but a little more high pitched. Definitely wicked though. I have an Apex N1 and it wails.

- Hams.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
im not the biggest fan of the sound stemming from the 2.5L 1jz engine....sounds like a little less than a 6cyl, a little more than a 4cyl.

however, i love the engine feel.

·
sexy jdm nurse included
269 Posts
i really need to get my hands on a 1jz i think my head gasket just went again on my 7m..................pos motor

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
superturbo89 said:
i really need to get my hands on a 1jz i think my head gasket just went again on my 7m..................pos motor

head gasket went AGAIN ont he 7m and youre blaming the motor?

:lol: :wtflol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts