1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
lol

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I think the pumps go in the same, you might have to re-wire the plug however.
Also if they want more than 20.00, just buy a Walbro, the extra 70.00 is worth it to have a new pump, and one that flows more than the Mk4 pump too.
The Mk4 pump is only good up to about 450rwhp from what I've read. The walbro is good to 600+rwhp according to what it will flow, and RC's fuel calculator. (255lph HP pump that is.)

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
The install is jst like the stock pump. I think in a MK4 there is a plate on the trunk floor that you remove and get the fuel pump out with out having to remove the fuel tank.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
adjuster said:
Also if they want more than 20.00, just buy a Walbro, the extra 70.00 is worth it to have a new pump, and one that flows more than the Mk4 pump too.
The Mk4 pump is only good up to about 450rwhp from what I've read.
You read wrong. The Denso Supra TT pump is a 260lph unit which flows more than the Walbro 255, especially at lower voltages.

You can swap the MkIV pump in relatively easily. Just disconnect the feed and return lines, unbolt the plate, and pull it out. It will more or less drop into the mkIII tank with little modification.

You'll also want to wire the pump directly to the battery via a relay switched with the old fuel pump power source, which will give you maximum power and flow out of the pump.

·
JZ Enthusiast
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Simba said:
You read wrong. The Denso Supra TT pump is a 260lph unit which flows more than the Walbro 255, especially at lower voltages.

You can swap the MkIV pump in relatively easily. Just disconnect the feed and return lines, unbolt the plate, and pull it out. It will more or less drop into the mkIII tank with little modification.

You'll also want to wire the pump directly to the battery via a relay switched with the old fuel pump power source, which will give you maximum power and flow out of the pump.
thanks alot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts