Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Blue Thunder
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I must say it ain't the pig I've heard everyone say that it is. I never had a
problem passing anything on the highway from GA to MD. This coming from a BPU
Sup owner. I did miss the 2nd turbo punch of my TT but all-in-all I rather enjoyed
the cheaper gas and the lighter feel of the NA. The only mods it has are a header
and Super Dragger ex. and I FINALLY got over 50,000 miles on the old girl.

But now that I fixed my TT....the NA needs to be BOOSTED !!!! Unless gas hits $4
a gal. soon. :nono:

B

· Registered
808 Posts
Ive never driven a TT but i agree with you the n/a is a great driver, has good power and handles great. i love driving to and from races down the interstate, she loves it! just watchout for cops. there not as slow as people make out, but a 500hp turbo would b nice:)

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
I love my NA, makes a good track car.

· Blue Thunder
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For our Premium we now pay equivalent to $8 ..... how would you feel about that?
I remember paying 83 cents a gal in the early 90's and complaining. I now have 3 running turbo charged cars and 2 that are not. My NA is the only NA car I own and the higher prices are a BEOTCH !!!! Trust me, I feel your pain.
But you gotta pay to play...right?

B

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
Makes me wish my NA was still driveable. Tired of $3.30/gal for premium and only getting 11mpg in my truck.

you still pay 3.30 a gallon for the na...we all use premium :) only difference is that the NA-t's and the TT's use it up about twice as fast, but hell man, you gota pay to play, and i sure as i hell dont mind spending 50 bucks every 4-5 days on the supra :)

and i agree, the NA is no where near as slow as everyone makes it out to be, mine was pretty damn quick for a bonestock car before i went turbo...

· Slowly getting there
1,055 Posts
Slow is a relative term. Compared to 90% of the cars out there I'm not bad. It is getting weird that Camry's are getting more power than I am but for the most part i'm okay unless you're comparing me to a rocket sled or something.

Oh wait- you TT guys are rocket sleds. I was in a caravan with 4 sweet BPU and an advanced NA-T and at one point on the freeway they all decided that enough was enough and they were all going to get on it. We had just travelled about 45 miles or so and hit a final stretch with about a 3 mile uphill before we hit the toll booths. You know that stupid effect in the F&F movies where they hit the NOS and they all of a sudden hit Star Trek fast? I got that effect in reverse. I hear 4 turbos get ON it, and then 4 blurs go past me, and then they're not even in my horizon any longer. I had to look down to make sure that I hadn't gone into Supersonic Reverse, since I was pretty sure that NA's don't come with that gear specifically. But it felt like it.

Slow? Yes, relatively speaking. Still a Supra? I'm pretty sure it is, teenage dudes in Civic's and Tc's keep telling me so.

As far as gas goes, I only get 17-20 mpg max (this is California, even freeway driving is city driving with our traffic). At $3.60+ a gallon for premium it's hurting driving this thing around. Oh the days of my old Accord Coupe sipping regular gas.

· Wingless FTW
2,432 Posts
Oh the days of my old Accord Coupe sipping regular gas.
Haha I feel your pain. Even as an NA, Supras are expensive daily drivers. I dropped $2,500 on the ugliest '94 Civic DX I could find, so that I could retire my Supra to the garage. Now I pay about $22.00 for a tank of gas that lasts me 300 miles. Everyone needs a beater.

· Blue Thunder
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Slowly getting there
1,055 Posts
Don't laugh, she'll hear you.

Seriously I married her and got this car. What can I say? She knows it, so it's a relationship based on trust and openness. And a Supra. This marriage is going to last forever. Or 250,000 miles, whichever comes first.

· Wingless FTW
2,432 Posts
Don't laugh, she'll hear you.

Seriously I married her and got this car. What can I say? She knows it, so it's a relationship based on trust and openness. And a Supra. This marriage is going to last forever. Or 250,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Haha. That's hilarious.

· Slowly getting there
1,055 Posts
You single guys laugh now, but one day, you'll be at the end of the bar, like me right now, looking for your future in the bottom of a shot glass, muttering "I coulda been a contender". With your NA keys in your pocket because you could no longer afford the TT. And THEN who'll be laughing, huh?

Well... not me... I'll still be married. But just you wait! --> Evil laugh, followed by coughing and hacking as I try to remember if I've sent the mortgage and preschool payments out yet...

· Blue Thunder
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn man !!! You funny as hell !!!! My wife is over my shoulder now reading this shit !!!! :D

B

ps: It's HER NA I had been driving 'cause i BROKE my TT !!! She'll be getting her T61, as soon
as I find a Chrysler T&C van in good shape for the family hualer. The Evo needs a rest.

· Slowly getting there
1,055 Posts
Damn man !!! You funny as hell !!!! My wife is over my shoulder now reading this shit !!!! :D

B

ps: It's HER NA I had been driving 'cause i BROKE my TT !!! She'll be getting her T61, as soon
as I find a Chrysler T&C van in good shape for the family hualer. The Evo needs a rest.
Hey $9ktt, if you check out my Members Rides thread pics you'll see the Honda Odyssey soccermommobile in one of the backgrounds. Greatest car I've ever not wanted to like. Big, roomy, perfect for a 7 year old, 3 year old and baby on the way, I love it every time I drive it and hate it every time I park it and get out. I already live on a cul-de-sac, in a neighborhood full of kids, that I moved to because it had the best school district. So this means that I am officially only a few years away from wearing black socks with white loafers and khaki shorts. Please, someone stick a fork in my eye and end my miserable existence now.

And as far as the Civic DX goes, when the mother-in-law, the owner of our NA, comes back in January to see what we've done to this car, I too will be out on the market searching for that perfect 1990 Accord Sedan so that I can ferry the boys around. I'll even post pics just to spite you all.

--> Shuffling back to the end of the bar, trying to see if mis-spent youth can be found at bottom of shot glass, muttering to himself...

P.S. Skrappy my MD diffuser is Still Not For Sale.

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
Being single is great.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.