Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know ALL the fast Supras in my area. I didn't know this guy. He had TN tags.

I was on my home from trying to get my air-shifter dialed in (was on my hayabusa.)

He rolled up next to me on a the highway just outside the city limits (where I go to flogg on my toys when I am dialing them in). I slowed down to about 50, as did he.. No traffic.. This guy wanted one thing... I'm your huckleberry!

This car was black and I can only ASSUME it was a single from the way he rolled out. The guy didn't pull over to talk afterwards! What a shame...

I was doing about 65 when he pulled up next to me so I dropped to 4th and waited for him to go. His headlights jumped so I layed on the gas and prepared for the most powerful thing I've ever been on to come to life...

It spun immediately and I backed off slightly but I had already started reeling him in.

By ROUGHLY 90-100 MPH it had started to wheelie severely but I kept it under control and passed him like he threw anchor. I let out at about 140 and he was about 8 car lengths back.

Unfortunately I got no video to back this up and I can't list this guys mods as he was to cool to slow down and talk to me even after I motioned for him to pull over with me. The car moved out WELL and had fairly large tires on the back (AT LEAST 275's).

Definitely had a lot of lag to it, so that's why I assume it was a single.

Probably a mid to high ten second car. (just judging from what I've seen in my day.)

It was a SEVERE beatdown. NO competition whatsoever.

I'm planning to hook up with a local buddy who has a 9 second Supra and let me see how bad I run away from him and videotape it for your viewing pleasure so I'll gladly post that up as soon as it happens since I know most of you are going to have something negative to say about this kill!

Disclaimer: Racing like I did in this story is stupid, if you do it you're dumb too. :D Oh, and I love Supras. I'll probably build one for my next project.

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
If he woulda turned off his a/c and stereo and used race gas it would have been a diffrent story... LOL j/k !!!

goodkill :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You started in 4th? Why????

And wheeling in 4th gear? um yeah...

Whats your mods?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, my 'busa is *not* stock. plenty of torque to spin in 6th... Much less 4th.

Thanks for the "Good kill!"

To all that haters, grow up.

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
it could be a bpu for all we know... im sure judging from the speed u were traveling looking at the supra , u must have XRay vision to see through his hood to tell it was a single:rolleyes:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cloud,

I'm not new to turbos, lag associated with singles, or supras. I CLEARLY STATED that I could only ASSUME it was a single because it pulled VERY hard ONCE it started moving out BUT IT TOOK LONGER than stock twins would have.

There is no need to be an ass about it. Grow up!

The guy wouldn't pull over and talk to me, he was a real jerk, much like you're acting.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gumballr, to answer your question, I had no need to shift any lower. I have PLENTY of torque to do a 50 MPH roll on in 4th....

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right Silvino. This never happened.

Without a picture you have no penis. <duhhhhhhhhhh>

I wish I could hold a camera and hang on to that much power at the same time. Maybe you can ride in my fscking pocket next time and be my camera man?

It happened. You can deny it all you want. I busted his ass.

It's ashame he was such a prick about it, just as you all are acting now.

What's the deal with the attitude?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok Edward.

I hope your story is legit cause I am a bike fan and love hearing stories of bikes killing Supra's.

Obviously these supra's are fast so why start in 4th? 2nd is the best gear from that speed. I can floor my GSXR 1K from that speed and get no wheelies or any other problems - bike just shoots forward very very quickly:)

And please let us know what your mod's are and if you know, what is your RWHP?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gumballr,

I appreciate the respectful response!

My bike is a torque monster at 5K RPM. Any other gear would have been prone to wheelies (hell, 4,5,and 6 are, but it tends to spin first). I'm nursing a broken leg and ankle right now so I didn't really want to fight a wheelie. At least they come up a LITTLE slower in the higher gears.

The mods are far to much to list, but VERY thorough mods nonetheless.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, and the RWHP is almost 600 (IN FULL RACE TRIM), without the N20.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EdwardETraylorIII said:
Oh, and the RWHP is almost 600 (IN FULL RACE TRIM), without the N20.
Um, So we are talking a Turbo Busa obviously!

Yeah of course it would smoke a Supra:))

If you are not stirring us up get that vid with the 9 sec supra. That would be a classic!! Have a race over 2km - you could stop and start having a smoke before he passed you:)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
supraW98, it's a Garret GT-40 and JE, Carillo, and R&D of america supplied the majority of the internals.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gumballer, do you mean that 8 second supra that I raced in atlanta? THAT video? It's really not even worth showing as he and I both spun and it was over in an 1/8 mile.. (5 seconds..)

Unfortunately I don't have any new videos... As I mentioned above, I'll get a new video (I just realized I think you meant the video I was talking about above...) as soon as it gets warm enough and I can get my 9 second Supra buddy on the highway!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, but worth mentioning. The NOPI car that I did run (Dan from Batlground) did want to run from a roll.. No problem...

It was bad... Very bad... I walked away from him from a 60 roll... And... he had the bump... ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nah Edward, never seen the vid (link?)

I meant the 9 sec supra in your original post.

Go the TURBO BUSA!!!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.