Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dog has been sitting for about 1 1/2 years, i just went single with a build trani from sound performance, i'm running stock fuel and no AEM (yet), my problem is I can't get it to idle, i've checked all my vaccum lines, and i'm not throwing codes, could it be bad gas sense it's been sitting for more than a year? :dunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
93 twintrbo said:
Yes, I think it could be your problem.

lawrence
Well i've checked everything else and I can't see anything else that it could be,
i've got 1/2 tank of old gas, how can i get rid of it without running it all out?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
94 slow supra said:
Well i've checked everything else and I can't see anything else that it could be,
i've got 1/2 tank of old gas, how can i get rid of it without running it all out?

100 percent its your gas, ..your gas are bad, drain it out or syphone it out ...buy new gas and put it in.... after awhile when the bad gas is gone from the lines u should be good

·
Registered
408 Posts
Make sure your Idle air control valve is piped in just after the mass air flow sensor. Without this, your car will not idle.

good luck

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
97twinturbo said:
Make sure your Idle air control valve is piped in just after the mass air flow sensor. Without this, your car will not idle.

good luck
Yes, this is my guess as to your issue.....is the idle surging? Will it hold steady with your foot on the gas?? If yes to both of these, check the plug on your IAC. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
94 slow supra said:
unbolt the fuel pump hanger and throw a match in, and allow all the bad gas to burn off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts