Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question thats been eating at my brain. How much would you guys/gals pay for a 93 tt 6-spd original owner 74k miles targa top, all stock, no wing, black leather interior, body is super clean and the car is in excellent condition.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no 1? ok here they're asking 35k personally id rather have the one farhad is trying to sell for his friend for 37k than 35k for this one

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
What color is the exterior? But depending on that, i would say low to mid 20's. If its red then low, and almost every other color i would pay closer to mid 20's.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its white. but thats what i was saying around low to mid 20s

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
quick question thats been eating at my brain. How much would you guys/gals pay for a 93 tt 6-spd original owner 74k miles targa top, all stock, no wing, black leather interior, body is super clean and the car is in excellent condition.
That is easily a $30k car if the owner can afford to hold on for the right buyer.

Low 20's is piece of crap territory these days for a 6 speed car.

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
I 100% agree with Lagtime. $30k easy. All stock original owner, and only 74k miles for a FOURTEEN year old car and you think only low 20s? That's insulting.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like i said mid to low maybe high 20s but I still dont think its worth 35k. unles the mileage was lower

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
I think 30 is a very fair price and if the seller is asking 35, I bet it goes for 32k.

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
Every year but 1996 was available with the 6 speed.

·
Girlfriend #1 is a Rider
195 Posts
depending on supply and demand 30k is reasonable, but in my case 25k is good enough

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It depends on how knowledgeable is the seller about the car.
If he has no idea of the market price, then the ballroom is yours.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I 100% agree with Lagtime. $30k easy. All stock original owner, and only 74k miles for a FOURTEEN year old car and you think only low 20s? That's insulting.
Personally, I find it ridiculous that a car that age is commanding a price of 20-30k, esp. if it's bone-stock....I don't care how many miles are on it. Now I could understand if a 97 or 98 went for that price, because it's newer, but a 93...it's just not right... It's pretty sad when a primo '92 with relatively low miles and bone-stock would maybe fetch 10k if you're lucky, but jump one year and it's worth another 10-20k...or more????

DAMN that Movie!!! LOL!

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
^ So you'll never own one, then. That's cool. The movie is not relevant over 6 years later.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Personally, I find it ridiculous that a car that age is commanding a price of 20-30k, esp. if it's bone-stock....I don't care how many miles are on it. Now I could understand if a 97 or 98 went for that price, because it's newer, but a 93...it's just not right... It's pretty sad when a primo '92 with relatively low miles and bone-stock would maybe fetch 10k if you're lucky, but jump one year and it's worth another 10-20k...or more????

DAMN that Movie!!! LOL!
Do you know how supply/demand works?

A 92 and 93 Supra are two completely different cars. You cannot compare them in terms of market value. One year of the US MK3 had almost the same amount of cars produced as the entire run of US MKIVs combined. Not to mention the MKIV is simply more sought after. Tell me how a car(the mk3) with a much higher production number and lower demand would be close to the MKIV in value with lower production numbers and higher demand. Not gonna happen. Sure you can get a little bit of premium for a 91 and even more for a 92 given the very small production numbers but overall it is still grouped with the rest of the MK3s.

The MKIVs holding value is not because of the movie anymore. Most of those movie fanboy people are already in and out of the Supra game. In many people's eyes, the more stock a Supra is the more value it has. Have you noticed the trend of Supras is moving back to clean stock body examples? The FNF fad had tons of owners hacking up their Supras with poorly fitted and ugly body kits. Not so much anymore.

Keep telling yourself MKIVs are still holding value because of the movie. Sounds like a spot of jealousy to me. Even KBB for MKIVs has gone up a decent amount.

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
Not unless I win the lotto...LOL!
Actually, I understand not wanting to pay the freight for a nice, 6 speed MKIV. If (heaven forbid) mine were stolen or totaled, I know it would be extremely difficult to find one as nice, without stories, adult owned etc.

The consumer (customer) is th final arbiter of value, what's value to one is a waste to another. And they are both correct.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts