Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI.... Cassio and I are waiting for our clips to arrive now. If you are on the fence about doing a swap, get off your butt!!

You need to start shopping for your source engine soon. I was talking to the importer earlier today and he's swamped with pre-orders now for the 2Js. Looks like the engine has gotten a bit more publicity recently and even other groups are joining the swap-fun. Said that he has a few Nissan 240 guys waiting on the 2J.

I did see an article in a recent magazine in which it touted the 2J as one of the alltime top 10 engines...capable of over 900HP on stock internals... bulletproof is the word they used.

Looks like we (Supra owners) will end up paying more for 'em going forward... all about supply and demand. Anyways, I thought I'd mention it 'cause of how hard it is to find a JZA70 clip already (they were plentiful a few years back).

E

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
its the new trendy swap... like sr20s (at least in my area)

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
and B16s... all trendy swaps...

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Thats why i have two SC's with 1jz's and a 3rd 1.5jz laying in the garage. I might as well buy em all up before n00bs do.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was gonna wait on the Fiance's MKIV N/A-TT swap 'til early next year, but the way it's looking, I'm probably gonna get hers ordered sooner.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
i have a supplier thats not 3rd party that has plenty of em also. No dont ask i still buy em :)

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,402 Posts
Container just arrived, Clips are here! PM for Info. If you are out looking, they are here! :rockon:

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF CLIPS, thats just a myth.

22,000 supras with 1jz's were produced in their 4 year run. Now add in all soarers, chasers, crestas... there are MORE than enough 1jz's to go around.

·
:)
2,125 Posts
Great story to bump up prices...

Im guessing theres less than 700 runing 1jzs in the US

Probably less than 2000 motorsets/motor laying around in the US

That leaves a lot more room for clips.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ I'd assume that too, but seems that there are often many threads of ppl looking for 'em and can't find 'em. Maybe it's that the y find them, but aren't willing to pay as much as what's being asked?

Only ones I know for sure that are somewhat rare, but always expensive is the JDM MKIV TT front clip...no less than about $5K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts