Supra Forums banner

301 - 308 of 308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Rishi:

Dude if you've already got a 4.082:1 with a Torsen LSD in it, that'll be fine up to ~450-500whp or so. If it ends up just a bit too revvy on the highway just go to a taller rear tire, which will help with traction anyway. Saves you a ton of work to keep it simple like that and you can offset the cost of a good LSD by selling off the extra diffs. The 4.082 will also be perfect for a Grannas Tremec so that's a perfect KISS solution that works well for now!

Glad I can help in some small way, most of my wisdom is from hard lessons learned doing it the 'cheap' way three times which means it was the most expensive way! LOL

Cheers brother!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Rishi:

Dude if you've already got a 4.082:1 with a Torsen LSD in it, that'll be fine up to ~450-500whp or so. If it ends up just a bit too revvy on the highway just go to a taller rear tire, which will help with traction anyway. Saves you a ton of work to keep it simple like that and you can offset the cost of a good LSD by selling off the extra diffs. The 4.082 will also be perfect for a Grannas Tremec so that's a perfect KISS solution that works well for now!

Glad I can help in some small way, most of my wisdom is from hard lessons learned doing it the 'cheap' way three times which means it was the most expensive way! LOL

Cheers brother!
Brooooo,

You the man!!!

Thanks for that. Will definitely save me a lot of trouble.

I appreciate you .

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys,I have a v160 6 speed swapped tt supra with an auto diff, been reading and serching for opinion and info about swapping the pinion and ring to lower my gear ratios, hear some people say I can use Lexus sc430 3.26 diff and take out the pinion and gear and put it on my auto diff, can be done? Is it reliable?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey guys,I have a v160 6 speed swapped tt supra with an auto diff, been reading and serching for opinion and info about swapping the pinion and ring to lower my gear ratios, hear some people say I can use Lexus sc430 3.26 diff and take out the pinion and gear and put it on my auto diff, can be done? Is it reliable?
Hey bro, you can find the info on the first page of this thread. It covers stuff like what years are compatible etc.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes, you can do this or you can just install the SC430 open 3.26 diff as is... but an LSD of any kind is really needed. The main thread posts should address if the axles need to be changed to fit or not. Usually this is not the case but consult the main posts in this thread to double check.

If you want to keep your finned (cooling fins in the outer casting) TT Auto 200mm small diff casing and switch to the 3.266:1 ring and pinion then order Driftmotion's diff rebuild kit and take it to the driveline shop of your choice. Then the only service parts that they will have to order from Toyota for you are the correct thickness OEM carrier shims... after they measure everything before the final assembly can be completed.

Further, if you're setting up your MKIV with the V160 to push big power out of the box then the 200mm Torsen LSD (if you have one in that TT Auto diff) really should be upgraded as well so long as the gears will be changed out anyway. Take your pick of the several aftermarket LSDs available.

The 200mm Torsen LSD and 3.769:1 ring and pinion will both be valuable to sell.

As to the reliability of doing all of this? Yes, it is very reliable so long as the diff rebuilder knows what they are doing. I have had two diff rebuilds done for my SC a few years apart with the same MKIV TT Auto LSD pumpkin to change the gear ratio (first to a 4.272 ratio and later back to the stock 3.769) and I have never had issues either time. Still going strong today. The full factory diff rebuild procedure is laid out in the MKIV Supra TSRM.

Generally the rebuilt pumpkin itself (open diff or Toyota Torsen LSD) will require about 200 miles of easy driving before changing the gear oil and then it's fine but always follow the advice your diff rebuilder gives you for proper break-in. With an aftermarket clutch-based LSD and their required gear oil you will have to follow whatever instructions the manufacturer of that LSD specifies for proper break-in as well, if applicable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi guys, I am a Toyota Supra owner and I live in Italy. my Supra is a 2000 m.y., JDM spec, 2jzgte vvti engine, V161 / A03B trans / diff.
Soon I will rebuild my diff. and I wanted to shorten the final drive, by installing an R&P in 3,615: 1 (currently I have a full BPU, 18 "wheels, and I don't care about top speed but to have more acceleration). Having said that, I have read everything on this page and something on the Lexus forums too, but unfortunately I have not found the answers I am looking for, and before I spend any money, I hope someone here can help me.

Consulting Toyota / Lexus EPC I found this out regarding 3,615: 1
- OEM part number: 41201-59055 Fit:
Toyota Model Celsior (UCF30 UCF31) and Soarer (UZZ40) Engine 3UZFE
Lexus Model GS430 (UZS190), LS430 (UCF30), SC430 (UZZ40) Engine 3UZFE

Also I found some "small diffs" (NO LSD) for Toyota Supra JDM (but I think not just JDM) with these references:
- OEM part number: 41301-24031 and 41301-24030
I find it compatible with some Toyota / Lexus models that mount the 3.615: 1 41201-59055

My question is, how do I know if the R&P 41201-59055 is 100% compatible with my "small LSD diff" of the A03B? According to the Toyota / Lexus catalog, the R&P 41201-59055 can be installed on diff. with OEM part number 41301-50030, but if this also measures 8 ", it should be compatible.

I also found that the R&P 41201-49125 is a 3,615:1 but it costs over 700 usd, and I don't understand what the difference is

If all of this is not correct, what is the pat number for R&P in 3.615: 1 compatible with my LSD?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
hi guys, I am a Toyota Supra owner and I live in Italy. my Supra is a 2000 m.y., JDM spec, 2jzgte vvti engine, V161 / A03B trans / diff.
Soon I will rebuild my diff. and I wanted to shorten the final drive, by installing an R&P in 3,615: 1 (currently I have a full BPU, 18 "wheels, and I don't care about top speed but to have more acceleration). Having said that, I have read everything on this page and something on the Lexus forums too, but unfortunately I have not found the answers I am looking for, and before I spend any money, I hope someone here can help me.

Consulting Toyota / Lexus EPC I found this out regarding 3,615: 1
- OEM part number: 41201-59055 Fit:
Toyota Model Celsior (UCF30 UCF31) and Soarer (UZZ40) Engine 3UZFE
Lexus Model GS430 (UZS190), LS430 (UCF30), SC430 (UZZ40) Engine 3UZFE

Also I found some "small diffs" (NO LSD) for Toyota Supra JDM (but I think not just JDM) with these references:
- OEM part number: 41301-24031 and 41301-24030
I find it compatible with some Toyota / Lexus models that mount the 3.615: 1 41201-59055

My question is, how do I know if the R&P 41201-59055 is 100% compatible with my "small LSD diff" of the A03B? According to the Toyota / Lexus catalog, the R&P 41201-59055 can be installed on diff. with OEM part number 41301-50030, but if this also measures 8 ", it should be compatible.

I also found that the R&P 41201-49125 is a 3,615:1 but it costs over 700 usd, and I don't understand what the difference is

If all of this is not correct, what is the pat number for R&P in 3.615: 1 compatible with my LSD?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me
I suspect that all of them would work, but I'd recommend the 41201-59055 just because I have personally installed the 3.266:1 R&P out of other GS430/SC430/LS430 models into a Supra 200mm "small" differential without issue.

Reactions: leon_83

·
Registered
15 Posts
I suspect that all of them would work, but I'd recommend the 41201-59055 just because I have personally installed the 3.266:1 R&P out of other GS430/SC430/LS430 models into a Supra 200mm "small" differential without issue.
hello Wreckless and thanks for the reply. this raises my morale since part 41201-59055 is the cheapest one, even if I don't understand just why, if the 3 ring and pinion are the same, there is so much difference in price.

To be precise, and maybe it could help others as well, I point out these cross-checks on some spare parts (this is also where my doubt about the question of this post was born). if I look at the spare parts of the Toyota Century GZG50 (g50) I see that all 3 of the ring and pinion codes in 3,615 that I have posted here are referred to it; in addition to this Toyota model and to all 3 3.615 ring and pinion codes, is associated the differential part n ° 41301-50030 or also the part n ° 41301-24031 (the latter used on the Supra JZA80 "small diffs. "). At this point I noticed that always for the Toyota Century GZG50 (g50) on the diff part n° 41301-50031 it is possible to fit the ring and pinion 41201-49155 whit a3,416 ratio. At this point it would appear that for Toyota and Lexus users with small 8 "diffs there is another alternative of ring and pinion, in 3,416. Obviously I have no confirmation of this, but it would seem a fair assumption since the differentials are identical.

Attachments

301 - 308 of 308 Posts