Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a soarer motor sitting in the car with harness, ecu, etc. I need help wiring the motor up to my 1990 Supra N/A. Can't figure out the body wires. Plus there is a Orange plug that I have no clue about. Please shed some light on this depressing situation.

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
.... you can't use jzz30 harnes or ecu on any supra body..... at least not without EXTREMELY extensive work, which I have no clue where to begin to tell you how to start that son of a bitch.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
It can be done man, dont let the man hold you down..

You need a soarer or SC300 wiring diagram so you can see the body connectors. (A us or JDM diagram will do since they are the same)

Then you need a set of 7M body connectors (from your old 7M harness)

The engine bay fuse box will also have to be dealt with..

Think about it this way.. It is very much like doing a 2J swap in a MK3.. Look around for information about that and you will be set.

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
MattOneDime said:
It can be done man, dont let the man hold you down..

You need a soarer or SC300 wiring diagram so you can see the body connectors. (A us or JDM diagram will do since they are the same)

Then you need a set of 7M body connectors (from your old 7M harness)

The engine bay fuse box will also have to be dealt with..

Think about it this way.. It is very much like doing a 2J swap in a MK3.. Look around for information about that and you will be set.

ugh, sell the soarer stuff and buy a freakin supra engine already!!!! sooo much easier.

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
learn from my experience, I used a JZZ30 setup in a MX83 Cressida.

Once you get the pinouts you should, go by functions on the pinouts, NOT COLOR CODES! Match your fuctions. Once you start mating wires, lots of the wires you hook up will have different colors between the body and ecu harness.

Being your body connectors are not going to match up whatsoever, I would recommend you build what I call a 'junction harness'. I used MOLEX connectors to connect my JZZ30 engine to my MX83 car. This will give you the ability to easily repin something if you need to.

MOLEX connectors can be picked up at most good electronics stores and even Radio Shack.

Good luck!

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
you CAN use the soarer harness. It just makes it many times harder so most people go ahead with the supra harness.

There isn't as much soarer info, so it is an uphill battle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh Great. Engine brackets that came with the soarer motor is too tall. From one extreme to the next. Need engine brackets that will fit with 1990 supra mounts. Any suggestions. :wtflol:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
the only ONLY hard part will be getting the body connectors to match up...

I used the same molex connectors I used them for installing my Emanage on my JZA70 harness to keep things simple... also used them for my 2 step/profect e01 and wb... quick disconnect to trouble shoot it KEY! (or for selling.)

Careful for using the smaller connectors as they tend to break easily (the prongs)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts