Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, right now I have K&N panel in original air box. I am thinking about change to K&N 57i but K&N does not produce special filter for our cars.

Do you have any suggestion what index number should I choose from K&N universal round tapered air filters?

By the way will my Supra be more noisy after puting round tappered air filter with no air box?

·
3,148 Posts
Goto www.mvpmotorsports.com and look under intakes. You will see a cone filter futher down the sheet. Your BOV (bypass valve) will be much louder.

Later, Steve

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve Jarvis said:
Goto www.mvpmotorsports.com and look under intakes. You will see a cone filter futher down the sheet. Your BOV (bypass valve) will be much louder.

Later, Steve
Big thanx, but is that Max Air Intake really work? I mean has anyone check it out personally on dyno? As you know, it is easy to write anything like 10HP gain.
It is hard to beliewe for me that stock air box with K&N panel is restricting air flow for bpu Supras comparing to Max Air Intake + K&N round filter.

Has anyone of you checked it on dyno???

·
3,148 Posts
Most of the effectiveness of the "MAX AIR" will be when the car has the hood closed. Basically on the street not the dyno. We did dyno Phillip Long's Supra with the stock airbox and then we removed the lid to the stock airbox and it picked up 10rwhp. You can get these same gains on the dyno by going with a cone filter, but you will lose this gain on the street because of the hot under hood air your new intake will be pulling in. The "MAX AIR" allows you to remove the restriction of the stock airbox without pulling in hot underhood air.

Plus if you like to hear the BOV it's much louder with the "MAX AIR" installed. :)

Hope this helps, Steve

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,

Now I know everything. Thanx a lot.

Is Phillip Long's Supra BPU?

·
3,148 Posts
Phillip Long's Supra was BPU when we did the test. He eventually went BPU+ with NOS. He made 550rwhp and 640rwtq on the dyno.

I will respond to your e-mail about the "MAX AIR" airbox when I have a little more time.

Later, Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts