Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have a K&N cone filter on my intake since it says K&N. It is extremely dirty and full of crud. Is it better to try and blow this crap out or just order a new one?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just go to your local AutoZoneand get a K&N recharge kit and clean the filter... takes about 20 minutes of work and a few hours to dry.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
One post in a thread by someone no-one knows pointing to a forum called "Bob, the Oil Guy" proves K&Ns are bad filters?

Rofl-copter.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Jeff, you'll have to speak for yourself or others who aren't paying attention around here when you say "someone no-one knows" ...Lagtime has 3000 posts here over many years and in my humble opinion is one of the most knowledgeable and respected Supra owners on this forum. And as far as I've seen from references to it at other hardcore automotive sites, the Bob the Oil guy site is also highly respected and considered technically very competent on the subject.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
I'd ditch the K&N and get an AEM dryflow personally.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used the Typhoon in my 02 M3 and lots of the drop in panel filters over the last 15 years with no problems. But, I don't think Florida has dusty conditions:dunno:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I recently purchased a 4" Inverted Top AFE filter.
It sucks from the top too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from carquest with the kit. Cleaned and rinsed it, man the shit coming off was black. You couldn't see through it before and now you can!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should never try and blow it out. If you do try and open it up a bit more, tap it on a hard surface and most of the crud will fall out.

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
Jeff, you'll have to speak for yourself or others who aren't paying attention around here when you say "someone no-one knows" ...Lagtime has 3000 posts here over many years and in my humble opinion is one of the most knowledgeable and respected Supra owners on this forum. And as far as I've seen from references to it at other hardcore automotive sites, the Bob the Oil guy site is also highly respected and considered technically very competent on the subject.
Nick,

Thanks for the kind words, my friend. From one old-timer to another, it means a lot.

One post in a thread by someone no-one knows pointing to a forum called "Bob, the Oil Guy" proves K&Ns are bad filters?

Rofl-copter.
hiken,

Don't dismiss BITOG out of hand. As Nick said it is an excellent and well respected source of information on lubrication & filtration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts