Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Kawagen Route-KS Zero Force NSX:

(i have better pics but i'm too lazy to upload them)

vid:

http://www.route-ks.com/ta_b.wmv

he runs a 59 second lap around tsukuba before breaking a driveshaft at the end of the video. for all of the guys who like to bitch about it being a honda and not having enough power, the car has about 350 BHP; JUN's 900 hp supra ran tsukuba in 1'01.795 minutes. nearly 2 seconds faster in a car with less than half as much power. :coold:

·
Scuzi!
1,394 Posts
Those 2 cars are completely different purpose built. Although I love JGTC so this definitely r0x0rs. Does Tsuchiya still hold the record there in his NSX? I havent heard any news of anybody in the same class type or in general beat it.

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ARTA NSX hasn't been beaten but i think that has more to do with no one going after the record. toyota and nissan don't test at tsukuba, they test on actual circuits like FISCO, suzuka, motegi, etc. the supras and the Zs are much much faster than the NSX.

·
Registered
497 Posts
kaneda said:
he runs a 59 second lap around tsukuba before breaking a driveshaft at the end of the video. for all of the guys who like to bitch about it being a honda and not having enough power, the car has about 350 BHP; JUN's 900 hp supra ran tsukuba in 1'01.795 minutes. nearly 2 seconds faster in a car with less than half as much power. :coold:
Cool video. Im not an expert on these classes of cars, but that NSX looks pretty insane. Is the JUN supra (I presume that yellow one) as purpose-built for road-racing as this car? Are they in the same class/category to be comparing them on this type of track?
You might want to edit out the breakage at the end though...kinda ruins the point :)

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lightspeed240 said:
Cool video. Im not an expert on these classes of cars, but that NSX looks pretty insane. Is the JUN supra (I presume that yellow one) as purpose-built for road-racing as this car?
it's not purpose built for road racing. that's an NSX with a stripped interior, a full Kawagen Route KS carbon fiber aero kit, a C32B with an EMS and presumably a mild cam. that car hasn't been tuned anywhere nearly as agressively as the JUN supra, they put all of their money into the suspension and making the car more aerodynamic. most of the car is bolt ons.

Are they in the same class/category to be comparing them on this type of track?
no, they're both street cars but the JUN supra has been reworked into a super car. massive amounts of power, lots of tire, lots of brakes, built suspension. the kawagen car on the other hand is still very close to being stock.

You might want to edit out the breakage at the end though...kinda ruins the point :)
they've been racing on that same set of factory driveshafts for the last year or so, and racing hard. if you want to go fast you'll break things with any car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
kaneda said:
the thing that like turns the wheels and stuff. :sadwavey:
The axles then right... coming from the trans right into the wheel hub aka... Axle.. or halfshaft as some people call them. Most people refer to a driveshaft as a shaft coming out of the trans right into the rear differential. :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts