Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Toyota Supra Non-turbo that keeps blowin the efi fuse. After the car sits for a day i can replace the fuse and it will start for about 5-10 minutes before blowing it. Then after that it wont take the fuse at all withing out blowing it as soon as i turn the key. Then i come back the next day ad it takes the fuse and runs for a few minutes before blowing it again. I was told that it could be the fuel pump heating up ad blowing the fuse. Has anyone had this problem before? Could it be just the fuel pump? How can i test the fuel punp? Any information would be helpfull. Thanks

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
my o2 sensor melted on the turbo once and did this. you have a short to ground as stated by zoon. no need to replace the harness. find the short and patch it up. do a visual check and then start checking the harness more thoroughly.

· 475RWHP 449TQ and climing
6,183 Posts
my o2 sensor melted on the turbo once and did this. you have a short to ground as stated by zoon. no need to replace the harness. find the short and patch it up. do a visual check and then start checking the harness more thoroughly.
You are absolutely correct, but an old harness thats cracked and frayed from time and heat IMHO should be repalced when it starts to fail. Instead of trying to find the short I replaced the harness. It is more than likely between the fire wall from where it exits the interior to the fuse block in the engine bay.

Moving the harness in the engine bay will give a clue to the location! It's your time, and money!

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.