Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but did not find too many people running these cams. From what I hear there are only a few manufactures that make their own cams, the rest just buy them from the same manufacture (kelford?) and rename them? Any thoughts?

·
GSC Power-Division
908 Posts
I did a search but did not find too many people running these cams. From what I hear there are only a few manufactures that make their own cams, the rest just buy them from the same manufacture (kelford?) and rename them? Any thoughts?
GSC does not do that and one company that distributes for Kelford loves to tell people that for some reason... I'm not making titans and with the cores that are pictured on nero's website i would say they are either Brian Crower, Kelford, Crower as a manufacture.

as far as GSC and Kelford being comparible yes they are... student / teacher deal between kelford and GSC, we both use similur design simulation equipment and i have always comunicated with them.. you will notice similar lobe designs and similar spec's.. Performance has always been really good. I still say mine are better :)

·
MVP Motorsports
1,091 Posts
Greg coming from Titans thread I got u saying this about Kelford. 'we had a set come threw here... they were junk." But here your saying the above.."Performance has always been really good. I still say mine are better." Mind share why the mixed feelings? Im stuck on what I want to run since I have a bw s374r. Thanks bro

·
GSC Power-Division
908 Posts
Greg coming from Titans thread I got u saying this about Kelford. 'we had a set come threw here... they were junk." But here your saying the above.."Performance has always been really good. I still say mine are better." Mind share why the mixed feelings? Im stuck on what I want to run since I have a bw s374r. Thanks bro
that was do to the person that threw the comment in the thread. he was a single poster that works for the US distributor of kelford, he doesnt own a supra never has and only signed up on supra forums to try and promote a product. thats bs.. they can pay for a vender package or better yet why dont they go and buy a supra and do some testing and help out the community..

·
GSC Power-Division
908 Posts
The S2 is a 274 duration which is taken at .001 of lift the S2 is a 274... Kelford also takens the correct reading so his 274/280 would be a 274/280 @ .001 of lift.

Similar but different idea's as far as the velocty of air do to the intake and exhaust split... GSC runs a more agressive shorter duration exhaust cam than Kelford does.. might have something to do with my real world testing and the fact that the longer total duration did less for low end power and added no real gain.

·
MVP Motorsports
1,091 Posts
Ive seen alot of activity with Kelfords in the Evo community and nothing against them. Just get the GSC S2s haha you wont regret getting them....Ive known Greg and his company for the past 5 years. I give him a hard time when he posts, but in all fairness, his cams have always performed.

Jeremiah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts