Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
damn, makes me want to get a shelby. Too bad that for the prices they're going for you could pick up a z06, or both a c6 vette and 03 cobra.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Pretty crazy. I applaud Ford for creating such a stout car, but I still wouldn't buy one.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great numbers but its still a horrendous looking car. For the money one could build a much more capable Terminator. I had a 650whp whippled cobra and the power was 100% unusable on the street. While the numbers are impressive the build is totally impractical.
/agree

Impractical for both cost and power delivery.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What kind of stupid website makes you register to view a pic??
Modularfords only recently did that. Here is the exact same post on svtp:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337344
Kenne Bell said:
810 hp and 745 ft/lbs(SAE corrected).
Our Earl's Automotive test car was 100% stock except for cooler plugs, a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump and optional throttle body and inlet system. That's with a stock fuel system (lines, rails, pumps and injectors) through stock cats and exhaust. No headers, cams, nitrous etc., only the 2.8H kit.
Preliminary testing indicates the Shelby makes 725HP on pump gas at only 16 psi and 810 hp at 19 psi.
Here's another KB GT500 thread; 703/619 @ 14.5lbs:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372500

·
Registered
702 Posts
Great numbers but its still a horrendous looking car. For the money one could build a much more capable Terminator. I had a 650whp whippled cobra and the power was 100% unusable on the street. While the numbers are impressive the build is totally impractical.

yeah and an 800whp APU supra makes much more sense...

pretty much anything over 500-550whp is useless on the street.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
pretty much anything over 500-550whp is useless on the street.
:scratch: "Useless" is a relative term. How is the 550+rwhp being applied? I used to own a 550+rwhp Vortech supercharged 383" Pontiac Formula that was 100% at home on the street. Even with old-skool M/T Sportsmans on stock suspension...

a) Anyone drag racing on regular street radials successfully must not have a fast RWD car.

b) If you DO have a fast car, you should be running drag tires in the rear when you race anyway.

c) I wish I had a dollar for every 800+rwhp car in Chicago that doesn't appear to be "useless" on the street.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Did it have a solid rear? Cause my buddie has a whipple cobra with about the same power and hooks very well on the street.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts