Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a meet in Kentucky this weekend. Met a bunch of cool Supra owners.

We did the drag strip on Friday evening.

I finally broke into the 13’s with a [email protected](hey it’s a 13 in my book) and had a bunch of 14.0 runs.

I will practice my launch next weekend at the local strip and hope to get my 60 times down (best was a 2.2).

We dynoed on Sat. and I had 293rwhp and 322 rwtq. I was very happy with those numbers, as they were right about what I expected. I am sure I could have made over 300 by adjusting the SAFC a bit more.

It was great to talk to people about Supras that actually care about Supras.

I can’t wait to go to more meets this year as I really enjoyed it.

Here are my performance mods that got me to about 300 at the wheels.

Lex AFM
550 injectors
K&N FIPK
Aeromotive FPR with FPD removal and J-Tube removal
Walbro GSS-341 fuel pump
Cartech IC
Cooleeze IC Hard Pipes
Defcon DP with McCord Power Plate
SAFC 2
Zeitronix Wide Band 02
Stock [email protected]
Dr. Jonez MBC
Borbet wheels 17X8F, 17X9.5R
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712’s 245/40F, 275/40R

Side note for those getting wheels that size.

I should have gotten 245/45 for the fronts, as the slightly lower profile fronts made my 4x4 look in the front even worse.

I will order the ST springs shortly to help fix that issue.

Overall, I put 1000 miles on the Supra this weekend. I beat the shit out of it at a track 400 miles from home and wasn’t really worried about it breaking.

It performed flawlessly in everyway and is truly an exceptional GT car. I honestly can’t think of another vehicle that I would rather be driving right now.

I would also like to thank Adam (Dr. Jonez) who performed most of the above mods to my car as I am not mechanically inclined and am old enough to know my limitations. When he does stuff it is done right the first time and it works.

Thanks to Dave and Steve for organizing the meet and events.

Once again it was great meeting all you guys and look forward to more meets in the future.

Dan

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not to bad of numbers good job

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skeeter-Hopefully, the other guys that dynoed will post theirs on this thread if they like.

Adam-I was hoping for 270 or so, so 293 made me happy. See you at Milan next Sat.

Dan

·
Registered
204 Posts
I didnt do too bad either considering it was my first time racing. 14.017 @ 99mph was my best and 14.061 @ 102mph was the 2nd best. I was hitting fuel cut in 2nd gear and didnt have any traction in 1st. mods are:
Cut off down pipe
[email protected] cone filter
ghetto upper ic pipe with hks sqv
greddy ebc, right under fuel cut but spikes as soon as you hit 2nd, needs more tuning haha
upgraded ct

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
i live in louisville and was dieing to go but due to my school trip to chicago i couldnt. it was very upseting ill tell all the supra guys i know to post up their numbers

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turbo87supra said:
I didnt do too bad either considering it was my first time racing. 14.017 @ 99mph was my best and 14.061 @ 102mph was the 2nd best. I was hitting fuel cut in 2nd gear and didnt have any traction in 1st. mods are:
Cut off down pipe
[email protected] cone filter
ghetto upper ic pipe with hks sqv
greddy ebc, right under fuel cut but spikes as soon as you hit 2nd, needs more tuning haha
upgraded ct
You did real well! I was hoping you were going the make it into the 13s. I heard you got home fine after the hose incident.

Sorry you couldn't make it to the dyno.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
I did boot camp in Kentucky. Ft. Knox to be exact. I remember we used to kick it at the E-Town mall. Haha. Glad to see that Supras are representin in KY. Good 1/4 times and good dyno numbers boys. Time for some new mods so u can see 300 rwhp. What's your next mod?

·
Registered
204 Posts
We got the hose temporarily fixed just to make it home, I think with 1 or 2 more runs I could have made 13s, but thats what next time is for! lol

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
turbo87supra said:
We got the hose temporarily fixed just to make it home, I think with 1 or 2 more runs I could have made 13s, but thats what next time is for! lol
I have no doubt on the 13's.

How much boost were you running on the upgraded CT-26?

Dan

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
90Legend said:
I have no doubt on the 13's.

How much boost were you running on the upgraded CT-26?

Dan
hes running 12lb on the stock turbo.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
meet was a blast! glad to meet all of you guys!

dan- your car was very impressive! not only in performance but it has to be one of the cleanest mkiii's ive seen.

turbo87- your car performed really well too, esp for the first time out at the track. glad you made it home ok.

this past weekend has inspired me to put together more meets for later in the year :)

thanks to everyone who made it in

dave

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
awesome man... took me alot more torque and a bit more HP to get my pig doing that in the 1320...

My car is Fing heavy... 4006 LBS! wtf.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My best guess is that with me, 3/4 tank of gas, and the other shit I had in the car I was between 3700 and 3750.

A fat pig indeed, but I appreciate that piggyness for highway cruising.

I will probably find someway to wiegh it in the next month or so.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts