Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This meet will be in Louisville KY/Southern IN area. Looking at the end of May or 1st week in June. Those of you considering Dyno runs. Would you perfer DynoJet or Mustang Dyno & will Racing gas be an issue? As of now I'm considering sat 6/4 & sun 6/5. Meeting up early Sat. afternoon & heading to Ohio Valley Dragway for the Import shoot out & then again on Sunday for the Dyno & BBQ. It will cost $10 to watch & $30 to run but you have a shot at winning $350. This is just a consideration & your input & ideas are encouraged.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My vote is for a Lexington or Cincy venue. If you guys arrange a meet in L-town I will consider it but can not guarantee anything. We could do a meet and greet with the guys at Raceline or TPR or the RTC in Lexington, whom I've been very interested in catching with to get an agressive tune on my set-up. I'm down to dyno and or drag. Also, lexistreets has weekly meets at Sonic, not sure what CSS is doing these days. We could sit in one of those...

Just some ideas. We can't duplicate the last meet that went down?

·
Registered
929 Posts
i'd like to come back down to louisville with my supra. haven't been down there for a while. sounds like it'll be fun, but since i'm too far, who knows if i'll be able to make it or not.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds good to me. I love the idea of a BBQ

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Sounds great. Just let us know when and where.

Steve K.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AWJ- Its all set for Louisville/Southern IN this time.

Reason is that local puts the Owensboro, Evensville & Indy folks only 2 hrs out. The Cinci crew would only be 1.5 hrs & anyone driving in from Lexington as well. I have no problem in duplicating the last meet next time around. Shooting for late summer early fall. I haven't talked to Dan about it but I would say meet up at RTC in Lex. have a show & shine, Dyno & Drag racing at Clay City. I would make it early mid summer but the CHI2K5 is going on 7/30.

Anyway back on topic for the spring meet. LMK if you would like to Drag Race. Keep in mind that Ohio Valley is a 1/8th mile strip. Normal fees are $15 to race & $5 to watch except on June 4th which I noted on the 1st post. Would it be better for you to have the meet during Memoral Day weekend (Sat 5/28-Sun 5/29) or the following weekend (6/4-6/5)?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm stuck here watching my mom's house for her while she's gone so I can't do it Memorial weekend. The following would be better for me. That way it would be less crowded everywhere you go.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
You guys just are trying to get me to rack up the miles on my car ain't ya. Over 1000 the last time.

I would have to say my preference would be over Memorial day. I am off the Friday before and the Monday after. I could also bring my family down to Florence again and my son with me to the strip.

The next weekend would work, but i would have to leave after the Dyno (and miss the BBQ) in order to get home at a reasonable time. I could take off Monday and burn a vacation day (which I would prefer not to do) or take an unpaid day (which is fine, until it comes time to get paid the next week). Not that big of a deal, but my wife is going to start thinking I have a GF in KY.

If it is June, I would prefer to stay over Sunday night and return home on Mon.

At this point, I won't commit and will play it by ear and let you guys get the dates set in stone.

Couple things I do have an opinion on.

Though the Import Shootout sounds cool, 1/8 mile tracks don't do it much for me. Is there a 1/4 track in that same area?

I hope to have the new turbo by then and if so would like to dyno. In that case I would like Dynojet, only to keep the numbers consistent from last time and be able to better compare them with others since it seems most people use Dynojet when they dyno.

So anyway, it seems that half the battle is for someone to take charge and get stuff together and I know, first hand, you guys have a proven track record in doing that.

We will see how it shakes out.

Dan

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
90Legend said:
but my wife is going to start thinking I have a GF in KY.

Though the Import Shootout sounds cool, 1/8 mile tracks don't do it much for me. Is there a 1/4 track in that same area?

Dan
:lol:

no 1/8 is all we have local :( the closest to louisville is the clay city track we went to last time or bowling green 1.5hrs south of here.

for dyno i prefer dynojet, but i dont know that my opinion matters much. i need tuning time and thats best suited for another day. mustang dyno also has the 0-60 and 1/4 mi simulations, thats kinda fun.

im not real picky, just say when and where i'll be there. hopefully this time will be with my car.

suggestions: we know what tracks will be available for what day. thats easy. dynos i'll call around and see who is available for which weekend and see what kind of rates i can get. if both are available for both weekends, set up a poll to see which date is best for everyone. after that is determined, make a list of who is coming and what they plan on participating in.

i'll post back with all the options available for which weekend so a better decision can be made.

dave

·
I'm Single
125 Posts
i will try my best to make this one, the hold up on my car so far is needing the right cross member, my poor car missed haveing the right parts by a matter of weeks. as soon s th xmeber ake i in my car the engine will be soon to follow, and then the bank is going to ask me y i withdrew all my money. lol

as long as i have my car, figers crossed,i will be there.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my89T- If for some small chance your Supra isn't ready drive on out anyway.

Ok the date is set for the 1st weekend of June. The events planed are: Dyno runs,Drag Racing, Show n Shine, BBQ, group photos, fun run & flyby/driving videos. I'm working on getting sponsership so that prizes for High HP Dyno & free raffel can be given out. As of now I'm 75% sure that will work out. Still working on the exact day & time of the events.

I seen that Supradupra was wanting to get a meet together for drag Racing on Fri 6/3 in INDY so I PM'd him about putting both together. Indy & Louisville are about 1.5-2 hrs apart so kinda makes since. Once I get word from him I'll set the event times up.

Steve

·
Registered
432 Posts
Going to Indy first can be do able. This time thought there will be no Heather. Good thing for Saturday classes :D

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
The Indy/KY peopls thing sounds good. I'll clear my calendar.

Steve K

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
update:

i talked to josh today at clemons (where we dyno'd last time) and he is available that weekend of june. so looks like that option is available if we so desire.

·
Registered
482 Posts
All though i'm on call that weekend but i'll still try to make it to the meet,it's always pleasure to meet you all.Any way i think i am going to bring my 1991 911 Turbo and ofcourse i'll be dynoing it just for the heck of it :sadwavey:

·
Registered
122 Posts
BTW, IRP is a pretty major venue and they have some fairly strict rules:

http://www.irponline.com/HOME/RaceDivisions/TNSL/StreetDreamsRules.asp

- make sure your battery is secured somehow
- The battery cannot be in the passenger compartment, and if it is in the trunk they want some kind of external cutoff.
- there is a rule that long-sleeved shirts are required, but this isn't strictly enforced. Pants -- ie jeans -- are required though.
- They want you to have a door handle on the outside of your car, so that they can pull you out when your car bursts into flames (this excluded JonB because he has shaved handles)

Not trying to scare anybody off, just wanted to make sure nobody drives two hours to get here, pays $15, and then gets rejected at tech for something silly like one of the above items.

I'm going to try to have some kind of battery-retention fabricated for my own car this weekend; if it works I'll try to fabricate some more for anyone who needs them. Notice that the word "try" appeared twice in that sentance, though, obviously I'm not making any guarantees here. :)

1 - 20 of 196 Posts