Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I lost my key the first day I get my supra....Stupid yes I know

Hopefully I can save people some time and money with this post....I searched and didn't find any info on it in the forum's. I know a lot of you guys are going to think wtf kid supra 101 I knew this 10 years ago but this is for the noobs like myself

If you lose your key, the dealership is going to say we can't get the key code for your MK3 it is too old and that you have to call a lock smith and spend any where from 50-200 dollars.

There is a key code located on the passenger side door lock housing get that code take it up to the dealership and for about $10 they can make you a new key......I hope this helps out a few of you and saves you some money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only thing you need to take to the dealership is your VIN # for the car.

They can process it from there, if they can't well that stealership suck's and just try another one.

FYI: The copy key's don't work as well as the original one, they are a little bit of a hassle.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
/\ not true. toyota dealers have trouble pulling codes for pre 90 vehicles. hopefully Jeff L can jump in and explain why.

I have had no problems with recut keys. the pre89s can work with worn old keys also....

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
the keys i have made from the code on the passenger door work with no NO problems work better than the worn out stock keys.

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
the keys i have made from the code on the passenger door work with no NO problems work better than the worn out stock keys.
True. If you key doesnt work right...it probabaly isnt the correct key guide. Or the cut wasnt cleaned up/brushed good enough.

·
Moderator/Troll Slayer
5,894 Posts
True. If you key doesnt work right...it probabaly isnt the correct key guide. Or the cut wasnt cleaned up/brushed good enough.
Or the cyclinder is just too worn. Old cars and new keys dont jive to well. Its best to take a worn key that does work to get it cut. (I understand that this does the OP no good.... just mentioning it)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
unneeded revival and not even a mk3? lol mk4 guys must be bored

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yes, we do want to distance ourselves from your plastic fantastic MK4's. . . Thanks for telling us you lost your keys. . . Great info. . . Well worth the revival. . .

·
Registered
White '85 P-Type; 5M; stock
1 Posts
Anyone know where to find new key blanks for the MK II? Dealer haven't had them for years, and I'm down to my last key; scary!

Thanks,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts