Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just bought a DEI Valet 712T,,,and i have a friend to help with the install,,,but getting a hold of him is a huge PITA,,,therefore i was wondering if i could get some help on this to try and do it myself firstbe4 i try and hunt him down,,,im just lookin to see what wires you guys tapped into???

lemme know
thanks much

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
can you do any of it on your own?

These are the wire to tap into though, they are negative trigger so make sure you know how to send a negative pulse if your keyless entry system is sending a positive, usualy by a relay.
12V power is a white and white/red with at the ignition harness
Power Lock green/yellow - passenger kick panel
Power Unlock white - passenger kick panel

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
try taking a wire from ground and applying into the lock circuit, from the frame.
if that locks/or unlocks the door then you know you're car is fine, perhaps your python gives a positive signal.
What are your power lock and unlock wires resting at? if it's positive then nothing will happen when you apply pos or when you take current away. Only neg will have the affect.
try that and report back :)

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
TaBooLeH21 said:
i just bought a DEI Valet 712T...im just lookin to see what wires you guys tapped into???

lemme know
thanks much

The PYTHON keyless system should be (-) negative pulse from the factory.

TaBooLe21 what color wires do you have from the PYTHON harness to hook up? On my PYTHON 900 alarm the Door lock harness was Blue/Black, Green/Black, Brown/Black, White/Black, Violet, and Violet/Black.

If you have these colors on the PYTHON's harness you only need to use the two violet ones (that should be common at the fuse). GROUND the BLACK and both VIOLET wires. Then tap the GREEN/BLACK wire into the lock circuit (I used the RED/WHITE in the passenger kick panel because it is easier to get to) and then tapped into the unlock circuit at the GREEN/RED wire also in the passenger kick panel (in the same connector). The 12V constant can be spliced anywhere there is power. The ignition harness (white connector directly below the steering wheel where the key cylendar ends) or you can tap into it at the drivers side fuse panel by the clutch (where the clutch would be if you have an automatic). It will be a much thicker wire than the others and will be either WHITE/RED or just a huge f*cking WHITE one. Either one is gonna give you 12V I recommend the RED/WHITE its smaller and easier to work with. Tap the YELLOW wire into the BLACK/ORANGE (ignition #2 wire) if the keyless has automatic ign locking/unlocking.

QUICK SUMMARY

1. Hide your unit where you want it (probably under a front seat or behind the radio)
2. Locate the splicing points (12V constant, Ground, Lock, and Unlock)
3. You will most likely need to make some extentions to the PYTHON wires (I used 14 Ga stranded, they sell it at Lowes and Home Depot for about $0.20 / Ft)
4. If you aren't going to solder it just use wire splice clips to tap into the wires and go to step 6.
4b. If you are going to use solder... Use a razor blade to cut the insulation around the wire you are going to splice your PYTHON to (Tin the wires with the soldering iron)
5a. Solder the wires together and wrap tightly with electrical tape (the less solder the better just enough to hold them together)
6. Test it. (if it works go to 7, if not repeat 2-5)
7. Zip tie or tape the wires along the stock harnesses for an excellent install
8. Brag to all of your friends that you DIY

Wire Guide
PYTHON --- Supra
RED (12V) --- WHITE/RED (driver side fuse panel or the ign harness)
YELLOW (ign) --- BLACK/ORANGE (under the steering wheel in the ignition harness)
BLACK (ground) --- GROUND (any screw or bolt connected to the chasis)
VIOLET (lock/unlock input) --- GROUND (switch is normally open)
BLUE (unlock output) --- GREEN/RED (blue connector in passenger kick panel)
GREEN (lock output) --- RED/WHITE (blue connector in passenger kick panel)
**any other wires from the PYTHON can be discarded**

Hope this helps...and remember this is from a 95' NA (should be the same though)
:beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts