Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just recently found out that my 93 JDM TT is equipped with an aftermarket keyless entry. BUT, the owner never gave me the remote for it, only the key itself...

Now.. I was wondering if i can purchase one of those universal remote and link it with that unit. Reason is, to purchase another key from this company..they wanted 100 bucks just for the remote (japanese brand) at that point i might as well buy another whole setup for less... also, since it's an aftermarket unit, im assuming that the standard procedure of re-programming the keyless unit wont work right?

anyway, any help is always appreciated!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
There's no such thing as a universal remote for auto security, remote start or keyless entry to the best of my knowledge. $100 for a new remote is pretty standard. It saves you the trouble or rewiring everything. Even among the same brand, remotes are generally not backwards compatible with other models. You usually always have to buy that specific remote only. An exception might be something like Viper/Clifford which sell the same model under different brand names.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply man, yeh i did more research on it myself last night and to find how stupid i was for thinking the "universal" remote.. i guess those would only work for the factory system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts