Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Big Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did all tts have keyless entry, or only some? i dont have a remote for it and im wondering if i can get another remote and set it according to the instructions on mkiv.com. thanks in advacne

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i was wondering the same. mine didnt come with it ,shouldve it? i looked behind the glove box and the factory alarm is there and connected..

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Alarm with out keyless entry

Ok I have a question I have been dieing to ask. I got my car a year and a half ago, its a 98 tt 6sp 40k, with a factory alarm. But the person i bought it from was out of town when i got it. The neighbor had the key but no keyless entry. I then drove the car home and have forgotten his name. (I know im an idoit) The car was in the best condition of any car with 38k ive ever seen, and i became engrossed with mods. So should it have come with keyless entry if it had a factory alarm?

·
Stock Twins King
4,488 Posts
What Curt said is about right. I bought my Keyless entry from Jeff Watson about a year and a half ago. At that time, he said there were like 5 left in the country, and they in fact were discontinued. The only way you probably can get one is from a wrecked car, or get someone to take it out of there car and sell it. They are a separate ECU that is installed either under the drivers seat, or under the center console. The factory alarm and door lock mechanism is on the right side of the glove box.

The keyless entry was made by Fujitsu Ten for the 96-97 years, I suppose you could call them and ask if they have any? 1-800-257-5413, or 310-327-9905, or 310-767-4252

They only listed systems were for the 96-97 fax back ID # 71431
or the RS3000 for 97 year fax back ID #71412

Stu Hagen

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
I have a 94 tt with the factory alarm installed. The guy I bought the car from thought it had a remote, but could never locate it. How could I verify I have the keyless option and can I still get factrory remotes for the unit if it is in there?

Thanks
Brandon

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
IGGYWOOWOO said:
I have a 94 tt with the factory alarm installed. The guy I bought the car from thought it had a remote, but could never locate it. How could I verify I have the keyless option and can I still get factrory remotes for the unit if it is in there?

Thanks
Brandon
I don't know how you can verify that you have the remote but you can still get the remote for the unit. At least you could as of August when we bought an extra one. I'd ask Elmhurst if they can get it for you. We got ours through the local dealer and it cost around $70 for just the remote :eek: .

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Damn! I will just stick my own keyless entry/remote start in and tie it into the factory alarm. It does not cost much more than that, but is a little bit of a hastle.

Brandon

·
Stock Twins King
4,488 Posts
Brandon,

You should take the time to see if you have keyless! Because for sure someone will buy it off you. Look under the driver's seat and look fo a box that is about 4"x6"x1". That is where they put them prior to 97. Also, if you ever have taken the rear seats out, you would see a black wire just drapped through to the back. This is the keyless antenna. Another possibility, but not likely, is they also came with a glass breakage sensor. That little 1" Dia button thingy is usually stuck next to the trac on/off button on the side where your right knee would hit when sitting in the car.

Stu

·
Boom! Goes the TNT.
133 Posts
So if I have that little round thing in my car('94 6Spd) theoretically it means that I have the keyless entry?

I guess I have to find out how to program a remote and then find somebody with one to test it with. :)

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Thanks stumove. I happened to have the rear seats out this afternoon and I did notice a black wire draped under the seat. I guess I will pull it out and sell it.

Brandon

·
Stock Twins King
4,488 Posts
Hey aznsporter what's up? Havnt been to many meets lately??

Anyways, that is exactly the breakage sensor. They only came with the keyless entry. I also suggest that any stereo shop around that installs alarms, or an auto alarm installer, should be able to come up with a device that would work. Its worth calling them. Maybe if you guys can pull your alarm out of the car, you can also take it to them and they may see some sort of a code on it that would help in getting the right frequency>?

Stu

·
Registered
163 Posts
stumove said:
Another possibility, but not likely, is they also came with a glass breakage sensor. That little 1" Dia button thingy is usually stuck next to the trac on/off button on the side where your right knee would hit when sitting in the car.
I always wondered what that damn thing was, lol. I always thought it was like a grip, to help take off that part of the dash. :p

·
Big Member
570 Posts
What does the stock keyless remote look like? I had to buy a new one from Toyota when I got my car and they gave me this one with 2 buttons, but only one of the buttons does anything. Did the stock Supra remote only have one button. BTW it cost $110 just for the remote. My car already had the system installed.
heres a pic of mine

·
Registered
163 Posts
supraman1993 said:
What does the stock keyless remote look like? I had to buy a new one from Toyota when I got my car and they gave me this one with 2 buttons, but only one of the buttons does anything. Did the stock Supra remote only have one button. BTW it cost $110 just for the remote. My car already had the system installed.
heres a pic of mine
Mine only has one button.

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Mine is a rectangle, has only one button and says "Toyota" on it in block letters.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts