Supra Forums banner

keyless entry

9K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  supra-raleigh 
#1 ·
did all tts have keyless entry, or only some? i dont have a remote for it and im wondering if i can get another remote and set it according to the instructions on mkiv.com. thanks in advacne

#27 ·
I'll check my old alarm install manuals and tell you guys how to change the settings. BTW I worked on a 93.5 that the power door locks didn't work any more and it turned out to be a water leak from the windshield let water down onto the connector to the door lock ecu. the alarm harness has a circuit board built into the connector, and this board got coroded so the locks wouldn't work any more. This was a long time ago and at that time the alarm kit wasn't available. I don't know if it is or was made available again since then but I doubt it

Ishii

#28 ·
Yes, I know. Holy old thread!

Does anyone know if the two button fob from 98 can be used on a car that has the security box under the seat and came with a one button fob (like in 93.5)? I know one of the fob buttons won't be programmed to work. But can the other button be programmed to lock and unlock the doors with the old ECU?

Thank-you!!

#35 ·
Yes, I know. Holy old thread!

Does anyone know if the two button fob from 98 can be used on a car that has the security box under the seat and came with a one button fob (like in 93.5)? I know one of the fob buttons won't be programmed to work. But can the other button be programmed to lock and unlock the doors with the old ECU?

Thank-you!!
Yes, I am using the "egg shaped" key fob with 2 buttons for my 94. Any, like you said only one button works. Maybe I can program the other button for my 98 which has a factory alarm but I am uncertain if it came with the keyless option. I think all 98s that came with an alarm also came with keyless.

Thread resurection.

#29 ·
Damn still didnt get your fob programmed its been 6years..

Why didnt you try to program it using mkiv instructions, you said it your self its for 2key fob if it doesnt work on obd1 then you might need to buy obd2 ecu plus u lose the lean spot I believe..

#30 ·
LOL - that's not it at all.

I am selling a fob I bought in 2003 new from Elmhurst. I'm selling a security ECU from a 94 car. Someone was asking if the two would work together. Basically, the question is whether the newer style fob will work on on older ECU. I don't know the answer and don't have a car to check it out. Thanks for the reply though :) .

#32 ·
Ha suckers,

I have keyless entry ON the key on my JDM car. Steve, says he can get all the parts to convert a USDM

It's easily the best thing I love over the USDM. It's similar to the early lexus GS300 keys that had one button keyless entry. This has 2 and works great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.