Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup my friend was a jack ass last night, and when he had to get something out of my car he decided to lock it as well without taking the keys, so now im fucked, any idea on how to get em out? As we speak were trying a coathanger through the window, but its not working extremely well...

Matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
get a wedge to wedge the door /window slightly open, then take a piece of thin angle iron and bend it to like a hook, use that to activate handle/lock mechanism/lock button. you can get a nylon wedge or something at home depot or if you are careful you can use a nail puller (the 2" wide ones) and a rag so you don't scratch the car. I have the kit for this but you're too far from me, if for some reason the keys are locked in the car when I go through jersey next month I can unlock it then...

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Matt, if you don't need the car right this moment maybe try having Curt overnight you a key or try going to the local Toyota dealership.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Its only like $50 to have "pop a lock" or one of those places come out. Just do it. Dont fuck up the seal on your window.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the spare was in my wallet which was in the car also..., but we got the coat hanger to work, and i got the keys and unlocked it no worries, no damage

Matt

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
nismo2491 said:
get a wedge to wedge the door /window slightly open, then take a piece of thin angle iron and bend it to like a hook, use that to activate handle/lock mechanism/lock button. you can get a nylon wedge or something at home depot or if you are careful you can use a nail puller (the 2" wide ones) and a rag so you don't scratch the car. I have the kit for this but you're too far from me, if for some reason the keys are locked in the car when I go through jersey next month I can unlock it then...
THis is very hard. I did it Daytona Beach last year and I was able to have the window separated just enough to fish the keys out from the side of the seat. You can't access teh door lock controls manually. If you do, they will automactically relock. We tried to just flip the lock switch, but the security system re-locked it.

DP

·
Registered
381 Posts
This just happened to me yesterday. I was able to flip the lock with a coat hanger. But it kept relocking it. It took me 5 times and finally it didnt relock it!

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Just for future reference. I worked at a Toyota dealership for a number of years and we misplace keys to cars on the lot all the time. All it takes is the vin number and a key can be cut by electroniclly sending it to Toyota in about 5-15 minutes time. It gives back a code that you then have to translate in a booklet and cut the blank. Total price is only the price of the blank. The archives of vin numbers only goes back about a decade now so if you have an older Toyota you may be SOL. System is the same for all auto manufactorers.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hands On said:
Just for future reference. I worked at a Toyota dealership for a number of years and we misplace keys to cars on the lot all the time. All it takes is the vin number and a key can be cut by electroniclly sending it to Toyota in about 5-15 minutes time. It gives back a code that you then have to translate in a booklet and cut the blank. Total price is only the price of the blank. The archives of vin numbers only goes back about a decade now so if you have an older Toyota you may be SOL. System is the same for all auto manufactorers.

Best of luck.

I didnt know that. Glad I do now. Thanks.

·
Banned
621 Posts
Hands On said:

Best of luck.
You can get the key code no matter what year it is, local Toyota dealer gave me a 1 800 number that you can call and they will give you the code, then you give that code to a Toyota dealer and the cut you the key.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Good to know! I don't have the code to my keys. Figured I'd need new locks if I ever lost my keys, good thing the VIN works too.

M

·
0 Posts
For anyone else searching, when this happened to me and my spare was back at school and I was at home, I used a coat hanger, but since I couldn't get it on the lock, I put two coat hangers together and made a hook, then lifted UP on the trunk release. This will not trigger the alarm, and you can just crawl through the trunk. Much easier than hitting the door lock.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
MarksSupra33 said:
For anyone else searching, when this happened to me and my spare was back at school and I was at home, I used a coat hanger, but since I couldn't get it on the lock, I put two coat hangers together and made a hook, then lifted UP on the trunk release. This will not trigger the alarm, and you can just crawl through the trunk. Much easier than hitting the door lock.
Thats good info and all..........but damn arent these things getting stolen left and right as it is? I mean, you guys are just showing thieves how to get into these cars the easiest. Think about it, this is the www afterall.

Jason

U

·
0 Posts
come on, your posting a thread because you locked you keys in your car? are you freakin' serious man? i've locked my keys in my car couple times and just used a coat hanger, and yeah it might take some time, but dam son. you need a life.

Anil P.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts