Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Greddy electronic boost gauge reads kg/cm^2, as I imagne most of them do. Why is it everytime you see someone mention their boost level, they quote bar? What gauges read in bar? I thought all the jap gauges were kg/cm^2.

B

·
0 Posts
1 bar=~14.7psi

1kg/cm2=~14.22psi

Everytime some asks, the math geeks start posting bar to the 10th decimal place!!!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This what I thought. It's just weird that everytime someone quotes their boost, they say BAR. They have the same gauge as I do, why not just say kg/cm^2?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Because its close enough, and people are lazy enough, that they use them interchangeably... i do it myself when im in a hurry.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Ryan P said:
This what I thought. It's just weird that everytime someone quotes their boost, they say BAR. They have the same gauge as I do, why not just say kg/cm^2?
I've been bitching about this very thing for the longest time. All Japanese gauges read in kg/cm^2.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Some units, like the Blitz DTT turbo timer, read boost in Bars.
I believe that the Defi unit reads in Bars too (not sure where it's made).

BTW, it's much easier to post in acronym like psi (pund per square inch) or Bar vs kg per square centimeter or kg/cm^2 (damn, just saying it reminds me of dental work...:D)

Jay :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts