Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my kickdown is not working for my auto trans.. I changed out throttle bodies for a polished one and also changed my valve covers however I never messed with any of the cables for the throttle or kickdown and now it wont kickdown when the pedal is all the way. I even checked the adjustment according to the TSRM and all is good. I was wondering if the tps or idle screw adjustment had anything to do with it. I also replaced all my vacuum lines with new silicon hose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chase

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
have you checked the butterfly, maybe its not catching at WOT.

have someone press the pedal, while u check the lines at the TB

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i did all the cable adjustments and I think it is more directed towards the TPS.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was planning on putting my old tps back on the new throttle body. everything works with my old throttle body so its gotta be an adjustment on the new one either with the dash pot, tps, or idle adjust screw

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
if it is the TPS the car wont idle right, im not sure about WOT, i think the ECU would take over if it were damaged but still run like crap.

do a Code check and see if it shows the TPS, then go from there.
or you can change the TPS like you said, but what if once you change it , its not the TPS, you dont want to do things twice.

plus once you take it out , it is a BITCH to adjust it again, when u put it back.

when you got the new TB was it in good working condition?
were you aware of any problems with it?

if u already swapped to see if the old one works, and it does then yes the TPS might be screwed up, as far as the mechanical parts if you can post a pic, we can get to narrow the problem down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts