Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us got together last night and had some fun in the cold.

These vids are quicktime
Right click and save as (and I recommend hitting ctrl+2 when quicktime starts so you get double size)

2003 Cobra basic boltons and ported eaton (501rwhp 484rwtq) v 2004/5 porsche 911 Turbo S w/exhaust
www.powerjunkies.com/media/loutom.mov

3 wide
Shank's SRT TT (pump gas ~850-900rwhp)
Chris's Lexus (800rwhp on ET streets and skinnies so can't go too fast)
tom: 2003 Cobra basic boltons (501rwhp 484rwtq)

www.powerjunkies.com/media/3way.mov
www.powerjunkies.com/media/ryanchristom.mov

Cobra v Lexus
www.powerjunkies.com/media/Chriscatchingup.mov

Cobra v SRT TT
www.powerjunkies.com/media/ryantakesofffff.mov

Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight, I got OWNEDDDDD all night. lol

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Shank ALWAYS has the baddest cars...damn he's a baller! :) I enjoy surving on his forums too...:)

Cool races. Thanks a lot for sharing! Is that a SC whine I hear!? :lol: jk...

-Olivier

·
Registered
497 Posts
Very cool videos. Was that viper surging during the races? It sounds like it was surging or missing or something. Still plenty fast obviously... Those TT vipers can make crazy power.
BTW, it warms my heart everytime I see $120k cars, especially Porsches, get beat like that. Extra props for that. I guess there is a substitute LOL

·
Scuzi!
1,394 Posts
That Soarer sure does MOOOVE but damn did that Viper just disappear! And for my next trick..

Thanks for sharing :D

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Wow, awesome vids. That SC sure got some major balls! What kind of turbo kit on the SRT?

·
Registered
471 Posts
lightspeed240 said:
BTW, it warms my heart everytime I see $120k cars, especially Porsches, get beat like that. Extra props for that. I guess there is a substitute LOL
Very good vids.

Porsche really didn't get beat that badly, 1/4 car maybe ? Plus stock with only exhaust which means with the AWD its 3XX's AWHP compared to 500 RWHP . . . I say it didn't do that bad

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wow! I didn't think an 03 Cobra boasting 500whp could ever be considered underpowered but, I guess its all relative. I also agree that the porsche didn't do so bad. With a chip it would have been a whole different story.

Great races and awesome cars! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
497 Posts
TurboR850 said:
Porsche really didn't get beat that badly, 1/4 car maybe ? Plus stock with only exhaust which means with the AWD its 3XX's AWHP compared to 500 RWHP . . . I say it didn't do that bad
LOL. I didnt say it got beat badly. Besides, if its really as "s" model, I believe it has the x50 "power package" stock, which includes more boost, larger intercoolers and a factory-modified ECU (when compared to the older, non-S models.) Oh yeah, and its actually $130k base, which means it could cost substantially more with any other options. And I imagine that the aftermarket exhaust system on it (Im taking the word of the person who posted the vids, as I didnt see it) cost more than the mods on the cobra.
Im sorry, $130k plus for a hopped-up VW that cant beat a mildly modded Mustang is sad. If youre going to spend that much money on a car, spend the extra dough to make it really fast at least. And yes, I know the car has plenty of potential (just at 2-3x the cost-per-hp of normal cars.) But please.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The turbo S is basically a 911 turbo X50 with ceramic brakes. Big disadvantage for my cobra is weight. The cobra, with me in it is about 3850lbs (ish) and I had a passenger the porsche did not. Was a great race nonetheless.

lightspeed240 said:
LOL. I didnt say it got beat badly. Besides, if its really as "s" model, I believe it has the x50 "power package" stock, which includes more boost, larger intercoolers and a factory-modified ECU (when compared to the older, non-S models.) Oh yeah, and its actually $130k base, which means it could cost substantially more with any other options. And I imagine that the aftermarket exhaust system on it (Im taking the word of the person who posted the vids, as I didnt see it) cost more than the mods on the cobra.
Im sorry, $130k plus for a hopped-up VW that cant beat a mildly modded Mustang is sad. If youre going to spend that much money on a car, spend the extra dough to make it really fast at least. And yes, I know the car has plenty of potential (just at 2-3x the cost-per-hp of normal cars.) But please.

·
Registered
497 Posts
hergoober said:
The turbo S is basically a 911 turbo X50 with ceramic brakes. Big disadvantage for my cobra is weight. The cobra, with me in it is about 3850lbs (ish) and I had a passenger the porsche did not. Was a great race nonetheless.
Thanks for the confirmation on that. I figured the "S" had the x50 basically, but I never heard it for sure.
BTW, before I have a bunch of Porschefiles hunting me down because of my VW comment, I was basically joking. We all know that even VW gave up and started putting the engine in the correct place :)
Seriously though, I was just busting balls. I realize they are great cars with tons of potential, but I think its amazing that a mustang with bolt-ons can run with a 130k+ car...even from a high-speed like that, where the Porsche should be in its element.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts