Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was on the highway, just cruisin and I saw a modded MR2. It had some aftermarket gauges, exhaust. I'm not sure what turbo he had but when he hit into it, he took off pretty quick. I decided to run this guy. I waited for his boost to kick in and then we left (60 roll). He took off quick and I floored it (or tried to). There was something under my accel pedal. I still had him by a car even at 3/4 throttle. Well, between shifts, whatever was under my foot must've moved because when I hit 4th, I thought he put it in reverse! Later on I saw a Corvette and a Mustang Cobra cruisin. I was feeling cocky and taunted the 'Vette. At first it looked like he was going to run. He down shifted and then I did. He heard my RPMs shoot up and for some f#cked up reason BACKED OFF! I tried and tried but he wouldn't run so I got mad and hit into it but a turn was coming up and I tried to slow down but could not and started to drift. FUN AND SCARY at the same time! I don't think I'll be doing that again. The Corvette backed off and the Mustang wouldn't even get close. Later on, the Mustang gets a running start from behind me and flies by at 120+ ! All I have is a little 2.5 1jz in a MKIII. These guys get these V8s and feel that they can rule the world. The truth comes as a suprise. Just because its a Toyota, don't try to punk me. You might end up watching the ass end of my car squat as I walk. These Supras suprise me more and more.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
more and more guys are understanding what boost sounds like, and don't want to mess with it...AT ALL...even though I'm running only 8 psi I get this all the time...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts