Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
PHR Powered Pimp Moderator
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i got a call from one of my friends telling me that a guy with a new Camaro SS is saying that he kills supras all the time and he thinks hes gonna beat me. So i acceptted the challenge. Well i met up with the guy at a open street. We lined up and a friend of mine flagged it. Off the launch i pulled hard on him and got about a car in front, second gear got me another car in front, when i got to third i miss shifted then finally got it in and managed to stay in front of him, and by then we just stopped. so he pulled up next to me and asked if i had NAWS!ha ha. then i asked if he wanted to run again. so we lined up again. this time his girl flagged it. this time he stayed with me in first, but once i got into second i was about a car infront, then in third i got another car, and by fourth i just kept on pulling. Well so much for that SS. But im sure with a few mods i would have gotten molested. His girl had a video camera so im gonna try to get the video and post so everyone can see. Oh by the way i have a 93.5 TT 6spd, BPU, s-afc (not tuned yet), TTC, and 18's. NO NAWS!!!

·
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! as far as i know it was bone stock. just a cocky driver. Ill find out for sure then and ill let you know

·
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was running 18 psi

·
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. i would have ran race fuel but it was in short notice. That would have really pissed him off. Oh well next time.

·
0 Posts
Congradulations on the kill! I can not stand cocky drivers and a stock LS1 owner should not be talking crap on how he can beat any car out there! If he was that confident and cocky then I am glad you put him in his place.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice kill. LS1 and 4.6's are the most fun cars to kill. Gotta watch out tho, sometimes they kill you:)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
:D

I think the LSx crowd is starting to collect some cocky people that must be kept in check just like a SUBSET of MKIV owners a few years back and a SUBSET of 5.0 Stang & DSM owners a decade back.

Stay safe:cool:

E

·
0 Posts
turboracer said:
last night i got a call from one of my friends telling me that a guy with a new Camaro SS is saying that he kills supras all the time and he thinks hes gonna beat me. So i acceptted the challenge. Well i met up with the guy at a open street. We lined up and a friend of mine flagged it. Off the launch i pulled hard on him and got about a car in front, second gear got me another car in front, when i got to third i miss shifted then finally got it in and managed to stay in front of him, and by then we just stopped. so he pulled up next to me and asked if i had NAWS!ha ha. then i asked if he wanted to run again. so we lined up again. this time his girl flagged it. this time he stayed with me in first, but once i got into second i was about a car infront, then in third i got another car, and by fourth i just kept on pulling. Well so much for that SS. But im sure with a few mods i would have gotten molested. His girl had a video camera so im gonna try to get the video and post so everyone can see. Oh by the way i have a 93.5 TT 6spd, BPU, s-afc (not tuned yet), TTC, and 18's. NO NAWS!!!
I sure got an ever lasting impression, but i had it coming. I knew you were going to win, come on my car is stock and everyone that owns a supra at least has the BPU mods. It was a good run. Your car is ****ing NICE! Although, i didnt say i smoke supras all the time i believe your buddy added that part in. I just wanted to race. Weather i won or lost, no big deal. It was a good run.

I'll try to get the videos uploaded, the first run came out good but the 2nd one could use a fine tune.

All in all Good Run

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
hey turbo racer i just want to know how many miles your car has on it....from what you say it seems like your car is very strong....the reason i ask is because how come it seems like some supras are alot stronger running then others...both taken care of, both with exact same mods and boost, and both equal drivers...ive seen some bpu supras with decent drivers barely beat an SS....i am wondering if supras loose a little power if they get more miles on them...

thanx
ant

·
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey ezekiel100. i didnt know you were on the forums. Yea ryan and all of them said that you said u burned supras all of the time.
i think they just wanted to see us run. Sorry about the cocky comment then. Were you really gonna bet Ryan $100 or did he just make that up too. He probably just made that up. Anyways all in all it was a good run. Im pretty sure if your car had a few things done to it then i would have got smoked. If your ever gonna come down to moval again let me know my email is [email protected] maybe we can set up some more races.

·
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IcedSuPrA said:
hey turbo racer i just want to know how many miles your car has on it....from what you say it seems like your car is very strong....the reason i ask is because how come it seems like some supras are alot stronger running then others...both taken care of, both with exact same mods and boost, and both equal drivers...ive seen some bpu supras with decent drivers barely beat an SS....i am wondering if supras loose a little power if they get more miles on them...

thanx
ant
my car now has 90,000 miles on it. i havent had the chance to get it dynoed yet so i dont know what hp and tq it makes. I think its all about driver and how good you keep up the car. If you good to the car it will be good to you:D . My best 1/4 mile was a 12.8 at 117, and i had 18's and no burn out. i dont know how much of a difference the rims made. hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice to see he took it in stride. Nobody likes a sore loser. I must admit, I get a bit cocky in the supercharged Jag. Its deceptivly quick. Just wish I could hear the blower a little more. Love that demonic wail:)

E

·
0 Posts
turboracer said:
hey ezekiel100. i didnt know you were on the forums. Yea ryan and all of them said that you said u burned supras all of the time.
i think they just wanted to see us run. Sorry about the cocky comment then. Were you really gonna bet Ryan $100 or did he just make that up too. He probably just made that up. Anyways all in all it was a good run. Im pretty sure if your car had a few things done to it then i would have got smoked. If your ever gonna come down to moval again let me know my email is [email protected] maybe we can set up some more races.
I come in here every once in a while. I like to learn as much as i can about fast cars. If its fast thats all the matters. I just registered not too long ago though.

Your boy Ryan definetly told you a few lines...
I didnt want to bet you $100. My girl was messing, but she did say something like that. I didnt. I just wanted to race. Ryan said a few things about your mods and I came on here for some research. I found out real fast that you would pretty much pull away with the few mods Ryan mentioned you had. I just couldnt figure out exactly which ones you had done.

Me smoke supras all the time. :) You are the first supra i have ever raced, basically ever seen in RL so that was definetly talk from Ryan. I think Ryan just wanted us to run.

I just got my car a few months ago. So right now its still pretty much stock, but looking into get Headers, new cam, 100 shot of N20, 3.73 gears, underdrive pullys, subframe connectors. The works. Still saving money for all these upcoming mods by the way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts