Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was out last night in the Soop enjoying the nice weather . I have a stock motor, stock cams, 7175 on E85 at about 29psi. (dyno'd 729/659 @30psi). I was on the freeway when an E64 (convertible) M6 pulled up next to me in the fast lane and dropped some gears, winding up the V10. Of course I was down to play so I dropped down to 3rd and when I did this he jumped on it.... I followed suit. I pulled instantly to about 100 and had put about 5 car lengths or so on him the let off. He pulled back up and we went again this time I ran out 4th and pulled out far. The guy pulled back up and waved then exited. Man, they sure are sweet sounding cars even though I only heard it for a second. :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice. That car should have no chance (Assuming stock) @ around 4,000lbs and 500hp/520tq. I love the look of the new 4 door M6's though

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. That car should have no chance (Assuming stock) @ around 4,000lbs and 500hp/520tq. I love the look of the new 4 door M6's though
Yep, I think it was stock. I was shocked that he wanted to race. Hardly anyone around here wants to race, the car is loud as hell with BL so I think that might have something to do with it. I agree, on the M6's, that would be one fun sedan.

·
JetFire
5,416 Posts
Nice run, I love the way the M6's sound.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice Kill!! I wish I could say I have been enjoying the nice weather with the Supra here in MN but its still NOT NICE OUT...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice run, I love the way the M6's sound.
Thanks. I almost think that may be the best sounding V10 ever made. The lambo might sound just a bit better though.

nice kill.
and yea those m6s are pigs of a car but dayummmmmmmmmm they look good
Thanks.

Nice Kill!! I wish I could say I have been enjoying the nice weather with the Supra here in MN but its still NOT NICE OUT...
Thanks. It was 90 here yesterday, we have been having some crazy weather this early on.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice kill and good story, but I think it's time to put some cams on the soopra dude

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah i edged one of those out a couple years ago- full BPU (plus GeForce ECU), cold night, hitting 18psi hard, blew his mind! I've never seen a guy in a BMW so happy about losing to an old toyota :p. When we got to a light he had a huge smile on his facing saying "man you've got a fast car!! that thing is amazing!" haha

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice kill and good story, but I think it's time to put some cams on the soopra dude
Thanks. Lol... I agree, but I am trying to not spend anymore money on performance parts right now and switch over to appearance mods only.

Yeah i edged one of those out a couple years ago- full BPU (plus GeForce ECU), cold night, hitting 18psi hard, blew his mind! I've never seen a guy in a BMW so happy about losing to an old toyota :p. When we got to a light he had a huge smile on his facing saying "man you've got a fast car!! that thing is amazing!" haha
That's cool that he could appreciate a car after getting beat. Many people seem like they are not able to do that because ego gets in the way.

Great kill, but these things should be easy for a 7175 E85 Supra.
Thanks, and yes it was easy..... but still fun nonetheless.

·
Registered
296 Posts
well done.. those m6's are pretty sexy

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Damn! That thing is nice! Did you just think the car was underpowered or was it just poor all around?
Quality-wise, the car was fine, I had no issues with it. However, it was crazy underpowered for the amount of gas it consumed. The last straw for me was when my brother was driving my '65 stang and the m5 couldn't keep up with it. I sold it the next week.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quality-wise, the car was fine, I had no issues with it. However, it was crazy underpowered for the amount of gas it consumed. The last straw for me was when my brother was driving my '65 stang and the m5 couldn't keep up with it. I sold it the next week.
Thanks for your insight. I have been thinking about getting one but have been leery about it. I have heard some stories on the lack of reliability of the v10.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That v10 engine is one of the most overrated engines ever created. I owned an e60 m5 and it was a huge disappointment. I had ALL MODS short of FI. I sold it for a pretty huge loss, that car, along w/the e92 m3 almost made me lose all faith in BMW. Then I got a e90 335i :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/114563627932466743725/BMWM5?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Couldn't agree more. Those via m5/Mr were so underpowered for what the car cost. Absolutely no tq in those things. The e92 m3 died out by the time u reached 4th gear. But at least the e92 could be solved with just a supercharger that won't send u back $12k like the m5. My old 335i was a beast. Loved that car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts