Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im driving to the the local Mercedes/Audi dealership today to pick my mom up from waiting since the car is staying over night at the dealership. On the way their I sitting at the light and a new S4 stops next to me. Two older guys are in the car one is wearing a business suit, one in the passenger seat looks over at me. The light turns green start out normal and I hold first gear longer and all of a sudden he punches it. Im driving my honda civic to make it all the better, so I wanted to see what it would do. I punched it and shifted at 8600 rpm cought up to him, shift about tq steered into the damn thing (Stupid FWD) and pulled him a bit after by about a car. He then got behind me and followed me into the dealership. A few minutes later one of the guys from the car comes over and says I was going to buy that car but it cant even beat a honda civic. I told him my car had a different motor better factory cams and other goodies and dyno time afterwords and he laughted and said the Sales guy minutes before was bragging about how fast the S4 was and then to see it get beat by a civic made him shut up. Turns out it was an auto S4 i dont know if the 6 speeds are any faster but WHOOO HOOO :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
a properly built S4 will kill your civic... consider yourself lucky.... it's not too hard to get 400whp and it looks like they're about to release aftermarket turbos for the car - that could push it up to 500whp...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any amount of money dumped into anything can make it fast. I dont consider myslf lucky, I mean it wasnt like it was a "beat him in this race or die situation", he had more to lose than I did lol

Honda beats S4 people laugh their ass off
S4 beats Honda people say "ahhh its to be expected" and talk about something else

Besides its about to go under the knife again with some goodies and a built motor for boost. All done up right of course. :bigthumb:

Speaking of building Jesus I need your help man with some AEM tuning when the time comes... :)

·
Ninja Engineer!
336 Posts
But as said, it was a new car, being tested to be a possible buy. Great Kill! -did he buy the car, or was he totally disillutioned by being whooped by a civic?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IDK, all I know is it was an older guy from upper states. He liked the AWD for the snow and stuff and wanted something sporty. I guess he's driving it back to his other house if he bought it that is. I did find out the guy wasnt trying to race me at first, the sales guy wanted him to feel the power of it and when I took off he kept his foot on the gas until I got ahead of him. I think its a nice car tho I could drive one, looked very nice inside and out just give me the 6 speed please. Im sure if he would have kept going top end he would have won but that AWD doesnt help much when traction isnt an issue and your already moving just a lag on the drivetrain. That and im sure it being auto had something to do with it.

·
Bend Over.
162 Posts
Dela said:
But as said, it was a new car, being tested to be a possible buy. Great Kill! -did he buy the car, or was he totally disillutioned by being whooped by a civic?
Shit, I think Id change my mind if I was him...

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice kill

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its just a b series in a hatch with a few minor goodies just basic bolt ons, cam gears, CTR cams, VAFC, and dyno time ;) its ran a best of 14.1 on street tires i seen a car similar to mine go 13.7 before with drag tires i mean its nothing great but its still fun to drive

G

·
0 Posts
Great kill! So much for thinking that car was going to solve his mid-life crisis :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts