Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pardon my bad Japanese, I've only got a semester under my belt. but anyway here's an update:

There most likely will be a container going to Texas (Dallas I think). There is a 90% likelihood of me personally being there. I'm going to try to score at least 10 7m's and probably some 1j's too. so If you want something, speak up and out. Side note on the 7m's: If I go out there, I will personally inspect each one yadi yadi ya, and the important fact is I want to beat out Jarco's prices and shit. We have a source that can get them to us for cheap. We'll also be bringing back a barrage of nissan parts and motors, and maybe some mazda shit as well.

Anyways, what this means to you:
Me digging through junkyards for some sick supra shit.
you not having to pay for shipping from Hawaii like previously stated (will probably be another container going there still)
Peeps will be welcome (and encouraged) to come to shop in Dallas and pick up shit.
most importantly, there is no middle man, we get the stuff ourselves, ship it back, and sell the stuff-so no second party mark-ups

Finally, there is also a remote possiblity that I will be moving to Arizona (got a good Job offer) so people in AZ: this stuff will probably come there

Please e-mail me instead of sending me pm's-my inbox is getting full.
[email protected]

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
pm me with the price of a 7m longblock, also, a complete 7mgte(friend needs for a swap),longblock must have the fully counterweighted crank. also, what about a apexi itc? vpc? etc... also, any chances of you digging for mkii parts? id love the old hks intake mani and ignition setup for tripple webbers. hard to find. ive got pics if you need to see what to look for. also a trd 4 pinion lsd for the mkii(7,5in ring gear) would be nice as well. the rear vents(usdm got lights), rear armrest pockets, rear shoulder seatbelts(usdm got lap belts) and celica xx badges and horn buttons will be popular on the celicasupra forum.

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
Wow Josh, looks like this could turn out to be a lucrative business for you. :bigthumb: If I do happen to find another mkIII, save me one of them 1jzs for me.... :)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
1jz's are almost worthless w/o the front clip... anyone who has done the swap knows how invaluable the rest of the ancillaries are that are typically disposed of the 1jz's are pulled from the clips.

harnesses and matching ECU's would be the win, hard core. considering that most engine importers jack the motorsets from the cars, butcher the harnesses and leave the ECU's.

i have a friend searching for an Aristo clip in the Fukuoka prefecture. it shouldnt cost more than 300,000 yen all said and done, to get it stateside. id be interested if you could find one for a decent price. i dont think youll be able to do compression tests or take anything apart. and there probably wont be any way for you to testdrive it except in a parking lot or something, unless the car is still registered. japan seems to be FAR more strict about sneaking unregistered cars on public roads than the US is.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
jz_killa_t68. The 3 parts I requested to you in PM, if you could find those for me I would be in heaven... price is not an issue. If you forgot them already I can remind you ;). Anyway, if you find them keep me updated.

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
Here is what i need, those damn jdm rainguards i always get out bid on ebay. regulus spoiler, stout carbon fiber hood. Thats all for now and get alot of there cool interior stuff.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
skeeter019 said:
Here is what i need, those damn jdm rainguards i always get out bid on ebay. regulus spoiler, stout carbon fiber hood. Thats all for now and get alot of there cool interior stuff.
Gotta pay to play bud ;). For some of us, money is of no concern for parts you really want! I'll end up spending 4 grand on body parts before I even take mine to get the body work itself done.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'd love a Turbo A Duct and set of Recaro Floor Mats. Hook it up mang!

Mo

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
^------ Dito on the Floor Mats

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
SupraOfDoom said:
Gotta pay to play bud ;). For some of us, money is of no concern for parts you really want! I'll end up spending 4 grand on body parts before I even take mine to get the body work itself done.
UMM right now ive already got over 3 grand in body parts. So ive been paying to play and i dont care how much these things cost i want them and am willing to pay. So before u make accusations about someones car and parts first find out what they have.

craig

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I'll be in the dallas area soon enough and might be in for a jdm 7m if the price is right, I was contemplating a rebuild, but we'll see. Also, any tubular manifolds/turbo setups would be great. Let me know if you need some contacts in the dfw area! I'll be there next tuesday.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
speaking of JDM engines, anybody know what a good price for one would be? I can't seem to find any prices on them from Jarco and Soko. Ebay is the only place that I've found prices, and they were around $800-900ish. someone lmk.

**edit**
I found a complete Turbo A car, so there will be a complete Turbo A engine/trans and other random turbo a parts.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
jz_killa_t68 said:
speaking of JDM engines, anybody know what a good price for one would be? I can't seem to find any prices on them from Jarco and Soko. Ebay is the only place that I've found prices, and they were around $800-900ish. someone lmk.

**edit**
I found a complete Turbo A car, so there will be a complete Turbo A engine/trans and other random turbo a parts.
Jdm 7mgte engines from my local place are $750

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hm good point Doc. If you can find them, I'll take them anyway. Along with the Turbo A Duct. Now, a set of 256 cams sounds really good. I'm down for those as well.

Mo

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
can you import a whole RHD turbo a car???

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JDM KING said:
can you import a whole RHD turbo a car???

probably not. Yes it is possible, and yes the turbo a can be legalized (it falls in the unique car category as 500 or less were produced). But The cost of bringing it over and legalizing it may be alot. But since it's going to Texas now as long as hawaii, It may be possible. I will have to check it out.

as for the shop in Dallas, I will let everyone know what shop it is when the shipment arrives. I don't even know what the name of the shop is myself. My friend's running that end of it I guess.

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
Hey Josh, might want to bring over some twin turbo manifolds for the 7m, if you could find them, I think those would sell like hotcakes.... :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts