Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supraforums Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys I'm not too familiar with things MKIII and could use your advice. A buddy of mine was recently given an 89 Turbo with a dead turbo and blown hg. We're in the process of locating a head gasket and I think I may have found a turbo. The turbo is a KKK26 from the early Porsche turbos. How well would this turbo work with the 7M or are we just better off sticking with the more traditional turbo upgrades?

·
Supraforums Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I tried searching and came up with threads for people looking to piece together Blitz like turbo systems. That is not the information I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
1 k26? they are much smaller than a ct26. It wont bolt on either.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
yeah, generally, if its a turbo from another stock gasoline-burning car, it's going to be smaller than the CT-26. There are some exceptions, but they are surprisingly few.

Our CT-26 is almost as big as they come. The only bigger turbo that came on a gasoline-burning car that I can think of off-hand would be the turbo off the Buick Grand National - and it's not much bigger at all.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
My brother has 2 K26's at the house, was going to use them for a TT build thats still in the drawing stages....

but yes, they are SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the CT26.....one turbo ( K26) can only flow UP TO 300hp....thats it....but of course using them on TT application, one per 3 cylinders, thats a great turbo for around 450hp....which is my brothers overall ( small) goal.

-Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts