Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 1997 TT 6 sp BPU out last weekend. Had a nice drive...did the usual rowing through the gears on the highway. Came home and turned the radio off...then, I noticed a faint knocking sound. Lifted the hood and I could hear a faint knocking sound coming from the engine. I can also hear the usual tapping of the injectors and I have one lifter that is making some noise. I never heard this knocking sound before.

I drained the engine oil and tried to look for "metal" in the oil... could not detect any. When I increase the RPM, the knock rep rate increases also...it doesn't go away.

Am I in trouble...help

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
1997SUPRA said:
Took my 1997 TT 6 sp BPU out last weekend. Had a nice drive...did the usual rowing through the gears on the highway. Came home and turned the radio off...then, I noticed a faint knocking sound. Lifted the hood and I could hear a faint knocking sound coming from the engine. I can also hear the usual tapping of the injectors and I have one lifter that is making some noise. I never heard this knocking sound before.

I drained the engine oil and tried to look for "metal" in the oil... could not detect any. When I increase the RPM, the knock rep rate increases also...it doesn't go away.

Am I in trouble...help
Sounds like trouble to me. If there were not flakes in the oil from a spun bearing it could be a bent or bad wrist pin. Bad juju

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.