Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my check engine light came on today so i got out and checked it out and it was code 52 ( knock sensor ) so i look under the intake manifold and i can see the sensor right by cylinder number 2 but when i looked for the one by cylinder 4 it was missing i looked for a wire laying around with nothing on it but couldnt find anything and i checked the wire harness and couldnt see anything so does anyone know what the wire from the ecu to the sensor is my guess it the previous owner cut it out or something.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
It's possible it was cut. Coax wire works really well for the knock sensor wiring. Just make sure the shielding doesn't come in contact with the signal wire, that way noise from the ground wire doesn't throw the knock sensor code and cut timing. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
anyone have a diagram of where the wires come from for the knock sensors? i know where the sensors go i just dont know where the wires come from.

anyone have a picture of the rear knock sensor and the wire that goes to it?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looked at it and i rewired it but i have 3 plug holes on the drivers side of the block and one is unpluged idunno what to do i really need a picture of the side of the block since trying to find stuff it some what hard but still do able. im going to take the intake mani off tomorrow and take a look at it and try to get some pictures to help you guys out.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
the 2nd one is located right next to the top of the starter. it is a PITA to get to.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there are 2 in the front and 1 right on the side of cylinder 4-5 i have the back 2 pluged in and it will idle fine but when i put the car into first and drive then it comes on so my guess is one is working since i dont get the code right away but the second one isnt ( im not 100% sure)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts