Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there should be 2 knock sensors right? 1 on the block behind the alternator and another behind the starter.

My block has 2 that i can see behind the starter and under the intake manifold. Which should I plug the cable into? I'm having major problems with this, the computer cuts all my power because it doesnt know if i'm getting knock.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are both on the block. They should be somewhat close to eachother, and it would seem that the clips (2) should have different wire lengths. No? I replaced mine with no problem.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so how are they wired? i cant find the wiring for 1 of them

·
Gripless EGO
81 Posts
Like 1j said there should be 2 knock sensor wires coming out of that harness, if its a GTE.

·
Gripless EGO
81 Posts
so how are they wired? i cant find the wiring for 1 of them

They are usually the longest wires on that side of the harness. depending on the years the connector plugs are different colors....they usual ones i see are green connectors. Take your Plenum off and take a look to see if the other plug is stuck on top of the intake, or if its been cut or shortened.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 7MGTE. I just bought an O2 sensor (Bosch) and it only has 1 wire. will it still work? the old one has 3 wires on it

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
1 wire 02 will work it'll take awhile to heat up and read correctly so the ECU will be a bit sad till it does.

Other 2 wires are for the heater.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
the three wire is a bit of a pain to find (ask me how I know), so maybe I should use a one wire...

shouldn't make too much difference as you have cold start enrichment anyways...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts